Who are you currently managing?

I have just started one unemployed and got the Worcester job, trying to work my way up without applying for other jobs. I have another that I started unemployed and am currently QPR/Belgium, I apply to jobs that I have a chance of getting. I don't know whether to concentrate on just the one save or not. I am also tempted to have a save with one or both of my supported clubs Manchester Utd and Pboro Utd?

Sorry, are you the only person allowed to post then? I like to talk about it aswell as play it :)

Yes.

But seriously, you create a crazy amount of topics - and they all seem to be the same. You're the manager - get managing!! Surely you don't need our advice on how to progress your career.

Macclesfield. Top of the table with a largely unchanged squad. Only brought in a Spanish DMC for free after some serious bargaining (I had to give him top wage status etc) and he's really helped out as he's a League 1/championship quality player. He signed for two years too! And didn't ask for a min fee release clause either. -ahem- He DID sack his agent right after transfering to us though. >.>

Anyway I manage the under 18's as well and they're a decent bunch. Top half of the table. A certain Mr Trevor Kettle (referee) is winding me up though. There's a reason he's stuck refereeing kids and not getting good games in the league. It's the fact he's given 68 yellow cards and 5 reds in 10 games... He's refereeing us again for the fourth game in the row and yet again another red card has come out. If I could comment on referees I'd demand the FA keep him the hell out of my stadium he's a disgrace to referees worldwide.

I'm currently playing a career game in which i started unemployed. I got offered the Hereford United job in league 2 and got them promoted in my 1st season, half way through the 2nd season we were sitting 4th in League 1 and i got offered the Charlton Athletic job in which i took, i got them promoted to the championship in that season. My 1st season in the Championship i finished 3rd, and lost out in the play offs, the Season after i won the league, my 1st season in the Premiership i was sitting 6th after about half a season, and got offered the Atletico Madrid job, i took that and finished 3rd that season but won the Champions League, the next 2 seasons i won the league both times, won the champions league once and finished runner up the other time aswell as winning the spanish cup once. In my 4th season with Atletico i started to get bored and wanted to get back to the premiership but after applying for the Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City job and getting turned down each time i got annoyed and figured it was because i was in a job, so i quit my position as Manager and waited for a job in the Premiership to come up that i wanted, i'd been offered a few jobs at teams such as Blackburn, Fulham, Everton etc, but turned them down, hoping for a massive club, Man city job came available again but once more they turned me down, i spent 2 seasons unemployed. Eventually i got fed up and i noticed my favourite team Oldham Athletic who had just been relegated to the BSP had sacked their manager, so i applied and took the job not wanting to see my favourite club playing in the non league. It was quite good getting a press conferences asking how i'd found myself managing at a level well below where i should be etc. I'd noticed in the time from the start of the game Oldham's ground capacity had been reduced from over 10,000 to now below 3000, we're heavy in debt and the only time the board tried to increase the capacity of my stadium it got turned down by the council. I'm now in league 1 after 2 promotions and it's quite enjoyable having a good manager reputation helps, as it's alot easier to sign players especially since i cant offer decent wages, but it looks like the only way i'm going to get anywhere is by getting them to buy a new stadium, dont know how i'm going to be able to raise the funds though, think i might get promotion to championship but Premiership i doubt it for a good while.

Managing Man Utd. Midway through 4th season, level on points & goal difference with Man City in the league, through to CL knock outs & FA cup 4th round.

Titles so far: 2 FA-cups, 1 league title.

Lost finals: 1 CL final, 2 League cup finals, 1 FA cup final.

Currently into my Man Utd save, in 2018 so 8 seasons in, need one more point from 6 games to win the title.

This will be my 6th title in the 8 seasons. I've had 2 champions league wins and currently 2-1 up over Inter in the semi-finals, looking like it's going to be barca in the Final.

Had 5 Community shield wins, League cup 5 times, 2 FA cups, 2 Euro Super cups and 2 club world championships.

Tried to do it without spending much, have sold of a lot of players for profits over the years, now have no debt with the club worth £700million+ so has gone well.

Wanting to start a save with a blue square south club. I did start with Eastleigh, but lost interest quite quickly.

Had a few on and off saves in the past but only really into the United save atm.

I'm also tempted to leave United in my save and go to Pompey (Local club) and attempt to bring them success but i couldn't leave the squad i've created.

Crawley Town. Got back to back promotions from the BSP and I'm in my fourth year ready to start another season in League 1; got beaten in the playoffs the previous season by Crystal Palace (the swines!!). Signed some very promising young players such as John Flannogan and Dean Bouzanis. Hoping to reach the Prem within the next 4 seasons, fingers crossed.

Currently managing Birmingham, my favourite team that decided to throw away a golden opportunity to stay up today!!! But anyway, I'm only on the demo (I know right!) because I previously bought all the FMs from 2007 onwards but have always been rubbish and lost interest. This time round I've stuck to my guns, invested time in tactics and not cheated (sorry to say but we're all guilty of it sometimes, particularly as I was awful!). I'm currently 17 games in and have 21 points. Sitting pretty at 13th in the league. My expectations are to "finish in a respectable position" and I would like to stay up which is certainly achievable once I purchase the full game.

I've had some brilliant results so far such as drawing 1-1 to Man Utd, beating villa 3-0 and getting some good 1-0 wins away to everton and bolton.

My last two games unfortunately ended my 9 game unbeaten match, losing 4-1 and 3-1 to Liverpool/Chelsea away respectively. Which to be honest isn't a surprise!

U.D Leiria in Liga ZON Sagres.

Started off at FC Ingolstadt, got relegated, then went to FC Dordrecht. Stayed for three games, then jumped ship to Real Oviedo. Won Segunda Division B1, then took this job.

First and second seasons, I finished in 14th, the last of the non-relegated spots. Third season finished 4th and lost in the final of the Taca de Portugal. This season just gone, finished 5th

Managing Boston United in 2031, won the premiership twice, fa cup twice, euro cup twice, super cup/community shield/league cup once. Got to the champions league semi final last 2 season but face AC Milan both times and they are amazing on my save.

I also won the JPT, League one and Championship on my way up.

Currently managing: Inter Milan

How many seasons?: 5th Season about to get underway

Titles won: 4 League titles, 3 Coppa Italias, 2 Champions Leagues - some of the lesser trophies also, CWC, Super cups etc

Best moment: I lost to Arsenal in the Semi Final of the Champions league 4-3 on aggregate, losing 3-2 at the Emirates, I was down to 10 men thanks to Zanetti and then Arsenal scored a penalty which shouldn't of been given - Arsenal went on to beat Real Madrid in the final, despite finishing 6th in their league - This tied in perfectly for me actually, as the CL was hosted at the Emirates next season, I make the final..against who? Yep Arsenal. Won 3-0, ultimate revenge. Arsenal again finished 6th in their league.

Worst moment: Losing last seasons CL final to Barcelona 1-0. Totally got my tactics wrong in that game and deciding not to offer Lucio an extension hurt me a little even though he is good enough at 36 I just have 5 better defenders in the team.

Currently managing : Cardiff City

How Many Seasons? : 2nd season

Titles Won : Playoff final trophy

Best Moment : Beating chelsea in 4th round fa cup at stamford bridge.

Worst Moment : Looks like im gonna be relegated from premiership and half my players want to leave :(

Started unemployed with automatic reputation at Barnet.

Were tipped for relegation but with some good free transfers and loans I left them after 5 months in 3rd position 1 point off the top and playing some Barca football!

Left them as Nottingham Forest offered me a 3 year contract on much better wages but they were 17th in the Championship.

Got them up to 6th position and into the play-offs.

Lost in the play-off final though.

Re-built the squad and brought in some decent players and loans and left them in 3rd position 1 point off the top as well.

Left them as Wigan came calling as they had been relegated and were in 17th position.

This is currently where I am, have only been there a few months with mixed fortunes.

Am up to 10th currently 6 points off the play-offs and in January.

Sold some high earners and have a relatively good team at present, hoping to gatecrash the play-offs and then rebuild in the summer.

Cittadella in Serie A

Third season, after finishing 7th and 1st in Serie B in the first 2 years

A battling goalless draw away to Inter in our first Serie A game has been followed by 1 further draw and 4 defeats. We're bottom after getting whooped 3-1 at home by Ascoli. Parma, Genoa and Juve are also plumbing the depths. Parma away up next, already its a must win.

*expects a performance*

I got bored of winning things with the mighty Spurs and decided to download one of the "England to level 11" updates. Went right to the bottom and took over my 2nd favourite team, the not so mighty Enfield Town. lol

I won the Ryman League North in my 1st season, I've just won the Ryman Premier and reached the Middlesex Senior Cup final (not played it yet) in my 2nd season.

I am pretty much on the limit of my wage budget without going over but keeping the finances healthy with prize money and making sure I do a couple of tours of Scotland or Ireland in pre-season.

Trying to keep a good balance of older, experienced heads and promising youngsters that have been released from Premier League and Championship clubs, and so far it seems to be working.

One season at Dynamo Dresden manager- German Third Division Champs.

Two seasons at Leeds- Promoted at the second attempt coming 2nd.

One season at Spurs-Premier League Champs.

One season at Atletico Madrid- League and Cup double, lost Champs League final.

Resigned and took Real Madrid job, now loathed by half of Madrid.

Napoli, 1st season. I went something like 15 matches unbeaten in Serie A, then lost to Cesena and Fiorentina, but still 4th place and 6pts off 1st. I had a Napoli save in FM10 and it was awesome, and this is no different.

I'm trying to create a team built on the principle of the 'team is more than the individual' and work ethic, so i'm not signing anyone with less than 14 in these attributes.

I've also got a Liverpool save which is also great fun. and will restart a Tottenham save(my team) and try to emulate the Italian 4-3-1-2 system, and also a Porto save is in the offing. I barely have enough time for one save, let alone 4, so unlikely i can cram it all in. But there are so many exciting saves to be had with FM.

Shavington Villa, a team based on the village where I live, 'invented' through the editor. I started off in Evo Stik league 1 and now into my 4th season and just got promoted via the play offs to Blue Square Prem.

started at porto, won the league and resigned halfway through the second season. got offered the ac milan job (BIG debt) won the league and cleared the debt then resigned halfway through the fourth in game season. Went to psv for all of 3 matches before being offered the spurs job. just started the filth in-game season (first full season with spurs)

GAME TIME : 6 Days 16 Hours 3 Minutes

ADDICTEDNESS RATING : Remember, eating gives you the strength to keep on playing

Loving this journeyman save. sorry its pretty vague b u t not got much time on my hands.

Shavington Villa, a team based on the village where I live, 'invented' through the editor. I started off in Evo Stik league 1 and now into my 4th season and just got promoted via the play offs to Blue Square Prem.

Nice golf course nearby.

I got bored of winning things with the mighty Spurs and decided to download one of the "England to level 11" updates. Went right to the bottom and took over my 2nd favourite team, the not so mighty Enfield Town. lol

I won the Ryman League North in my 1st season, I've just won the Ryman Premier and reached the Middlesex Senior Cup final (not played it yet) in my 2nd season.

I am pretty much on the limit of my wage budget without going over but keeping the finances healthy with prize money and making sure I do a couple of tours of Scotland or Ireland in pre-season.

Trying to keep a good balance of older, experienced heads and promising youngsters that have been released from Premier League and Championship clubs, and so far it seems to be working.

Where can i find this?

This is what I've done before created db's (Uncle Ron's) became stable and bug-free enough to use. Creating your own lowly team is brilliant!

Currently managing: Brisbane Roar

How many seasons?: About to start my 4th

Titles won: 1 League, and 1 Finals

Best moment: Beating the living crap out of my old assistant manager for the finals title.

Come on, 3 seasons and only 2 titles? Ange did that in 1 :D

3 saves going at the minute:

FM10. Oxford United, currently in 2032.

FM11. Real Madrid, start of the second season.

FM11. Gateshead, 2014, currently in the Championship.

How on earth can you manage to play three saves? I don't have enough time to play one as often as I'd like.

Värmdö IF in the South Svealand section of Sweden's Division 2 (their fourth tier). In my first season, halfway through we're 3rd (of 12 teams) but its quite tight between 1st and 5th. We've had a promising start with some great results, winning 6-0, 4-1 and 5-1, but we haven't found the consistency of title winners yet.

I picked a team with very little value, very little infrastructure and that was predicted to finish 9th, so i can build them up. I'm adopting some aspects of the LLM approach too, like only signing players i find through scouting. I find it's too easy to build a team by searching unrealistically and gaining a massive advantage over your rivals through having much better players.

It's going to be a long way to the top, for sure.

Archived