two things which have just upset me on fm

i was just playing fm now, and i noticed cardiff had sacked brian laws, now i didnt want to apply for the job whilst being under contract with hereford and having a good record behind me. so i resigned from hereford

1) no-1 seemed to of cared i had left, my name had gone from their favoured personell in the information screen, even after all i had done for them. i would of expected a press confrence of why i left, so i could sit and blame the chairman

2) when i then did apply for the cardiff job, a ex footballer, richard naylor who has never played for cardiff before, and in his first managerial job, is given the job over me, i would of expected atleast a job interview with the guy who says the best bulls**t getting the job

Ok Niniam Park. Let's focus! Your Hereford chairman has just received an email explaining to him how his manager has just resigned to go for a better job! would yopu spend money on a press conference if you were him??? no.

The Cardiff Chairman looks at the applications on his desk! he reads yours and all it screams is 'quitter', he reads Mr Naylor and reads 'total professional'. I think you should grovel back to Hereford and beg for your job back :-)

Bizzare decision in resigning from a club you have had a good reputation with the club to go on the unemployment line for a job you might or might not get, in this case you didn't as the Cardiff board wanted someone who had a better reputation than your own.

To complain about it is rather absurd as believe it or not, your not the greatest, accept the Cardiff board decision and grovel back to Hereford where they recognize your potential.

Fact still remains that (from what has been reported on this forum) there is no way to depart on good terms with your old club, and that's an area FM could and should improve in the next installment.

With saying that, do you think that 99% of the clubs are happy when they lose there manager to a rival or better club?

Personally all i ever read in the national press with regards to the exit of managers they ether get put on gardening leave or leave under a massive grey cloud.

Fact still remains that (from what has been reported on this forum) there is no way to depart on good terms with your old club, and that's an area FM could and should improve in the next installment.

Its an area they should have improved on at some point in the last 10 years, but they haven't and I doubt they will for the next one either.

right lads to put you all to the sword for the sarcastic replies....hereford are in the championship, cardiff relegated to league one, the fact i am leaving for a bigger club is joke............ second how does my chairman know i resigned for a better job, i did not say to him im leaving here to apply for somewhere else, i just resigned, could be because i am forced to sell off a key player each season under a shoe string budget

and yea he reads im a quitter, with back to back promotions, a league cup quater final apperance, and a shock win at anfield.....yea i suppose you wouldnt want to hire a guy whos done that, and just hire someone with no exprience ey mike 82........ the fact is, they dont go by achievements like some clubs do in real life, and how easy i am taken off the favoured personal after what i have achieved for them, where a player might spend 2 seasons, score 30 goals over the both, get sold off for not wanting a new contract and remain a favourate

in real life......ian dowie, resigned from palace and then took the job somewhere else....................... it doesnt matter that i resigned, even if i had applied for the job whilst still the manager it would of given me an ultimatum "reisng or apologise"........... i was gonna continue to look for employment somewhere else........ in real life this happens all the time for clubs to avoid paying compensation

Yeah i had pretty much the same experience as you, i was managing atletico Madrid after having had spells with Hereford and Charlton, i'd won the spanish league two times and Champions League twice, i wanted to get back to the Premiership and applied for the Liverpool job, Man City job and the Arsenal job, i didn't get any of them, Liverpool hired Salcido for his first job in management, City hired flores i think, after laughing off my intrest and Arsenal hired Alex Mcleish who hadn't won anything, i thought it was because i was in a job so i quit Atletico Madrid and spent two seasons applying for big clubs in the Premierahip i.e Man City again who laughed of my intrest the same with Man Utd, i got offered the jobs at Fulham, Everton and Blackburn but i turned them down, eventually i decided to apply for the job at my favourite team Oldham Athletic who had just been relegated to the BSP. Talk about a fall from grace, anyway after 2 seasons and 2 promotions i'm now in League 1.

i dont see why people think its okay. in real life its like saying .....pepe guardiola resigns from barca, applies for the man-u job, only to be laughed off and then hire someone like billy sharpe whos just retired..

my record "two promotions, cup quater final, 1 johnstone paint trophey win ,£100,000 spent - £2.5m brought in, rejected southampton job in the championship" resigned, applied for cardiff city job, struggling in league 1, financially bad. get laughed off only to lose out on the job to footballer who never had an international apperence, and ended his career in league 2.......... its a joke

I don't recall Sheffield United suing Huddersfield when we stole Steve Bruce like that... (I wish we'd not bothered too :( )

I know Hartlepool did to one of their former managers. He said he wanted to go back to his family in Scotland, then instantly took a job down South. They were a bit annoyed.

I know Hartlepool did to one of their former managers. He said he wanted to go back to his family in Scotland, then instantly took a job down South. They were a bit annoyed.

When Huddersfield sacked Peter Jackson to bring in Steve Bruce the then chairman Barry Ruberry stuck a 40 sheet advert on a billboard at the Shorehead roundabout in Huddersfield. It's headline said something like "who will it be?" and had an image of a bloke with his face covered so you couldn't see who it was... only every man and his dog could tell it was Bruce..

when the billboard went up he was still the Sheffield United manager... he resigned, joined Huddersfield, then both he and the club denied that there had been any wrong-doing... hmm, yeah I can see that too.. not!

applied for cardiff city job, struggling in league 1, financially bad.

That's the bit that stands out to me. If you're a successful manager and they've appointed someone with little experience, it screams to me that in their eyes they couldn't afford you basically.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the more important question is. why do ex-footballers that were nto top players, get Prem/Champ jobs obver experienced managers?

This happens far too often in the game. There is a case if the player was a good player and had an affiliation with the team. Randomly giving a job to a Prem job to a Championship standard player that had no affiliation to the team and no managerial experience is just silly imo.

right lads to put you all to the sword for the sarcastic replies....hereford are in the championship, cardiff relegated to league one, the fact i am leaving for a bigger club is joke............ second how does my chairman know i resigned for a better job, i did not say to him im leaving here to apply for somewhere else, i just resigned, could be because i am forced to sell off a key player each season under a shoe string budget

and yea he reads im a quitter, with back to back promotions, a league cup quater final apperance, and a shock win at anfield.....yea i suppose you wouldnt want to hire a guy whos done that, and just hire someone with no exprience ey mike 82........ the fact is, they dont go by achievements like some clubs do in real life, and how easy i am taken off the favoured personal after what i have achieved for them, where a player might spend 2 seasons, score 30 goals over the both, get sold off for not wanting a new contract and remain a favourate

The fact is, you never mentioned anything like this in your original posts, so you cannot complain in the slightest about the responses you received.

You have to expect when you resign that you probably won't get the job you want.

But yes it is annoying when fricken newgens without any experience get a job I've applied for...I kinda got used to former players getting good jobs so I understand that sometimes their rep as former players is probably better than me.

Archived