some Chinese regens in Belgian league ?...

Global community. People move around, get better jobs in foreign countries, and bring their children with them. 16 Chinese children in a country even the size of Belgium is not unreasonable.

This.

Immigration happens.

Seems odd. I can't think of any possible explanation, other than the clubs randomly recruiting a load of Chinese staff.

According to this website, there are 17,000 Belgians who are ethnically Chinese. This is a country with a population of 11 million. That's 0.15% of the population. In other words, for 15 Chinese/Belgian regens to come through in one year, you'd expect there to have been 100,000 Belgian regens that year.

I noticed this as well...it's a little strange. The Chinese Diaspora does not have Belgium as a place for Chinese emigrants (well it's not listed anyways).

It does not make sense at all why there's so many Belgian-Chinese footballers when there's none from all the other countries. The only slightly realistic thing is the fact that some Indonesian, Singaporeans and Malaysian newgens have Chinese surnames and know the language. But otherwise there are few and far between overseas Chinese -- except Chinese/Belgians.

Allow me to correct you. These are Belgian players.

They have second nationality of Chinese. They were born in Belgium.

They may have never been to China, perhaps their only link to China is a grandparent.

This used to happen in FM10 too. I recall one save where I was playing in the Scottish leagues and one particular year approx 5 or 6 Scottish/Chinese regens appeared. Many of them shared the same birthplace in Scotland as well. Thought it weird and indicative of a bug at the time, but didn't bother to mention it since it doesn't impact the game in anything other than a cosmetic manner really.

Allow me to correct you. These are Belgian players.

They have second nationality of Chinese. They were born in Belgium.

They may have never been to China, perhaps their only link to China is a grandparent.

Or parents who have settled in Belgium.

A couple of users worked on a regen experiment in CSE a few months ago that included counting the nationalities of regens in Belgium. China is one of a couple countries that was a common second nationality for reasons that we did not really understand. There should also be approximately the same number of dual-nationality regens from Japan, Canada, and the USA. rancer890 and I cannot come up with any reasons for the last two to occur at that scale in Belgium.

Here is our thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/249425-Collaborative-CSE-Youth-Intake-Player-Development-Analysis-and-Experiment

Archived