how far have you got your team in the F.A Cup? (a non Premiership team)

Hi guys having watching the F.A Cup and City winning it (even though they bought the F.A Cup IMO :D). Has anyone have got the semi final or even the final and lose out to the favorites. I must stress they have to be NOT a premiership team so like Championship to BSP.

I once took Basingstoke Town (starts off in Blue Square,) by then a League 1 side, to FA Cup glory. We had some lucky draws admittedly, playing EPL sides just twice, but my God, was it satisfying.

I made it to the quarter final with my non-league Burton side a few years back, the 5th round with my non-league Ilkeston and the final with my Championship Derby side. Ipswich have won the FA cup though whilst in the Championship on one of my previous games though.

I don't even care that this won't be the best achievement, but it's amazing how much more exciting it is to get to the fourth round with a league 2 side knowing there'll be a big cash windfall at the end of it.

Away to Premier league Pompey? Magic - That'll be half a million in the bank which means that for the first time ever, I have a transfer budget. Didn't even care when I got slaughtered 5-1. I was pleased we'd scored.

Won it a couple of times from the Championship. Always coincided with me getting promoted from there though, so I've always had a decent team to do it. Just gotta luck out a bit with the draws and get some results!

I got to the League Cup Final once with Swansea in League 2... We got thumped by Manchester United though, so there went the Europe slot back in the old days.

Never really bothered to go for any cup runs in the newer versions, they usually get in the way of promotion or I get drawn so many division above me that play their first team it seems kind of pointless.

I don't even care that this won't be the best achievement, but it's amazing how much more exciting it is to get to the fourth round with a league 2 side knowing there'll be a big cash windfall at the end of it.

Away to Premier league Pompey? Magic - That'll be half a million in the bank which means that for the first time ever, I have a transfer budget. Didn't even care when I got slaughtered 5-1. I was pleased we'd scored.

I was so annoyed when i drew manchester city at home in the FA-cup when i was in BSP. 4200 people stadium gave a stunning 75k ticket income from the match :(

I've been to the 3rd round with a Non-League side quite a few times. I've always thought that was a massive achievement!

Third round with BSS side St. Albans City on FM09. Had to play Everton at Goodison Park in the third round.

Then another third round tie whilst in the BSS with St. Albans City on FM10. This time we played Bolton Wanderers at Clarence Park.

Finally, when in the BSP, again with St. Albans City on FM10, we got through to the 3rd round to play Stoke City at CP.

Always lose in the third round though. :D

I was so annoyed when i drew manchester city at home in the FA-cup when i was in BSP. 4200 people stadium gave a stunning 75k ticket income from the match :(

Gutted! You'd almost be better off playing for the draw than the win.

Fifth round with Chester when we were still in BSP(admittedly, with a league 1 quality side as it's way too easy to sign good players cheap). Trashed Millwall 5-0 away as well along the run, lost 1-2 to Southampton in the end :(

So am I right to be happy as I sit here about to lead my League 2 leading Rotherham side out in the 4th round against League 1 Colchester? I beat Swansea (Championship) in the 3rd round! Is it the 5th round where the big money comes in? I am surprisingly nervous and am even keen on telling my players to sod the league and go all out for cup glory! How do I go about booking an open top bus?...

This!

Got Banbury United (BSN at the time) to the 3rd round - we lost away to Derby 3-1, but we got around £200k which was AMAZING for us... we had virtually nothing before that.

So lower league Cup runs are pretty good for that at least...

Yeah, lower league cup runs are great for the money.

I remember, on FM09, our game away at Goodison Park cleared a massive amount of debt (for a Non-League club, anyway) and set us up financially for promotion to the BSP and then the Football League, more or less, such were the financial rewards from the game.

Unfortunately, my two FA Cup Third round ties against Bolton and Stoke on FM10 were both home games, so I didn't make as much money, but no doubt it still helped out as I built the club up to move on to the FL.

Solihull Moors, 2nd season in BSP...made it to the 6th round, so not quite the semis but a very good cup run. Managed to beat Premier League side Ipswich, Championship Hull and Sheff Utd. Eventually lost 2-0 at Villa Park.

I've got Newcastle Town into Conference Premier and in our first season at that level we reached the Third Round of the FA Cup, where an 85th minute goal saw us succumb to a 2-1 defeat at Championship side Charlton Athletic.

My Weston Super mare side finally lost in the semi final to a rampant West Ham side who went on to win it.

This was from league 1, I was under ownership of a tycoon and they had ploughed money in but still i didn't expect to get so far.

Archived