Is the game better at the lower leagues?

Might be just me, but once you get to the top level and start having players with 18+ pace they just seem to blitz everything and you don't actually see any football but players just dribbling everyone and wacky goals, at the lower levels there seem to be more "football" if you know what i mean.

It almost seems that unless a player has 16,17 or more pace he is going to be absolutely useless despite having good mental and technical stats, i just sometimes struggle at a top level getting my head around this..

Maybe it's just me rambling and ranting because my new season didn't went as expected though :)

Might be just me, but once you get to the top level and start having players with 18+ pace they just seem to blitz everything and you don't actually see any football but players just dribbling everyone and wacky goals, at the lower levels there seem to be more "football" if you know what i mean.

It almost seems that unless a player has 16,17 or more pace he is going to be absolutely useless despite having good mental and technical stats, i just sometimes struggle at a top level getting my head around this..

Maybe it's just me rambling and ranting because my new season didn't went as expected though :)

It's your tactics :thup:

but yeah, football at the lowest levels is far more entertaining.. I call it kick and rush :p

For what it's worth, "kick and rush" works quite well against Real Madrid, obviously with some crunching tackling thrown into the mix.

Cristiano Ronaldo can hardly tear defences apart after two ball winning midfielders have roughed him up a bit. :D

For what it's worth, "kick and rush" works quite well against Real Madrid, obviously with some crunching tackling thrown into the mix.

Cristiano Ronaldo can hardly tear defences apart after two ball winning midfielders have roughed him up a bit. :D

I bet that Mourinho loves you :)

What i'm trying to say though, is that the difference of pace on a lower level don't seem that extreme, specially when the AI doesn't bother playing a targetman/poacher or even a deep lying/adv forward combo.. they just put two players upfront with massive pace.. and those strikers with 18+pace against my poor CB's of 12'ish pace are giving me problems..

I guess i should have signed faster center-backs probably! :)

I find lower leagues frustrating because of injury crisis, small squad and tight schedule. Once the first team players are out injured for months, the younger players don't have the stamina to keep up with the league schedule, and the team just drops down the table. Success and failure in the lower leagues are just down to how many injuries you have in a season.

I find lower leagues frustrating because of injury crisis, small squad and tight schedule. Once the first team players are out injured for months, the younger players don't have the stamina to keep up with the league schedule, and the team just drops down the table. Success and failure in the lower leagues are just down to how many injuries you have in a season.

Or inconsistent performers, pressure-wimps and those who clearly don't give a flying whatever if they win or not as long as they get paid. I cried when my supposed star striker had a one on one and punted the ball out for a throw in... I know he's not exactly stellar but come on! -_-

Faster players dont always mean better either though. I recently trained up a striker with, 19 pace, 19 acc, 13 jump, 15 strength. A physical beast. but he lacked everywhere else. It did not matter what I did with training, I had him on light for strength and aerobic, intensive finishing, attack and high tactics. His technical and mentels barely improved. He could tear teams apart with his pace, but couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo. I ended up selling him for 9 mill (bought for 600k) to everton. When I played them in the prem I was concerned that he'd come back and haunt me, but low and behold. He still couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo. I won 3-0. I robbed them blind!

Archived