Scouting knowledge question

I'm currently trying to get The Professor achievement. I'm on about 70% knowledge at the moment but I'm struggling to grow it any higher.

My question regards the mechanics of acquiring new knowledge of an area. When you sent scouts out to a country or region, their knowledge of the region grows whilst they are there. After they move on though, their knowledge gradually decays.

Is there a stat which handles how quickly knowledge decays? Also is it possible for scouts to build up a permanent knowledge of an area that can't decay (similar to AI managers or our own managers stats if we manage in a foreign country)?

I can't answer your question, but would suggest that you think about the favoured personnel bonus you get as a good means of covering extra countries and retaining a decent minimum value for them.

I can't answer your question, but would suggest that you think about the favoured personnel bonus you get as a good means of covering extra countries and retaining a decent minimum value for them.

Aye - still can't get to 75% though. I think I've done all I can for now. I'll keep an eye out for staff with better knowledge than the ones I have, and hope that my scouts are able to build up their temporary knowledge to just push me over the edge.

I really hope somebody can answer my original question though. It would be really helpful to have that information when I'm shopping for future employees.

Archived