How much play time would it take to..........

Depends on how many leagues you gave loaded, if you manage a team or holiday, how many fixtures you have, how hands on you as a manager tend to be...

I can do a season or 2 an evening if I mostly holiday matchdays, or it can take a week if I play properly.

If you're really dedicated, that is you quit your job and stock up on food and make sure your cup final suit is dry cleaned, then probably about 9-10 days. If not, then... I don't know, 10-16 hours by 9-10. So 90-160 hours in total. Choose the time you wish to play per day:

1 hour: 90-160 days or 13-23 weeks

2 hours: 45-80 days or 6-11 weeks

3 hours: 30-53 days or 4-8 weeks

4 hours: 23-40 days or 3-6 weeks

6 hours: 15-27 days or 2-3 weeks

8 hours: 11-20 days or 2-3 weeks

10 hours: 9-16 days

12 hours: 8-13 days

16 hours: 6-11 days

20 hours: 6-10 days

24 hours: 5-8 days

30 hours: 3-5 days, however I'd recommend a trip to the psych ward.

Also, I know what I just did mathematically, and I'm proud I did it!

I currently have all leagues and all players (311,000) loaded. So while I play pretty fast the loading times are a real drag. I reckon it currently takes two whole days of playing to complete a season. When i'm 'on' football manager mode I play it reasonably intensively, so say three days of gameplay every two weeks.

So for me personally it'd take a minimum of slightly less than a year of playing at this intensity to get to 2020/21 :S

30 hours: 3-5 days, however I'd recommend a trip to the psych ward.

Also, I know what I just did mathematically, and I'm proud I did it!

I'd be more proud that you've found an extra 6 hours per day

It takes me roughly 30 minutes per match plus a few extra hours in pre-season.

If I play about 60 matches per season that is 30 hours per season, or 600 hours to play 20 seasons. 600/3 hours per day = 200 days?

Do you watch full highlights?

Takes me 8-10 hours to play a full season.

Do you watch full highlights?

Takes me 8-10 hours to play a full season.

I watch key when things go the way I expect them to, then switch to Extended or even Full if I am worried about something so that I can actually see what is going on. 30 minutes per match refers also to the time between matches. It is probably possible to play faster - I often switch to SI forums or other internet sites while chatting when the game loads between days so sometimes I get carried away. In other words: I don't rush forward in order to get as many seasons as possible since the whole point is the journey there not the end location.

I used to do that all the time. Switching to more highlights made me feel like I had more control of my team. In the end I just ruined their momentum by messing with things constantly. So I stopped doing that as I apparently can't control myself when I see what's happening.

Do you skip matches? I mean I've been playing the game recently and there's no way a season can be completed that fast unless you skip or holiday past some matches.

Don't skip any matches at all I can't see the point in holidaying through matches. I am in November of my third season with Crewe and game time is 20 hours and 10 minutes. My other save is in 2025 after 5 days 1 hour and 40 minutes.

It is easy to complete a season in less than 10 hours. I holiday inbetween matches amd for a month when the season ends. It is also a bonus that I have a really fast pc.

I'm currently just coming to the end of the 2022/23 season... my game time is 14 days, 16 hours, 3 minutes. I guess it depends on how you play the game, how many leagues you load, how good your pc is etc...

Archived