Disallowed Goal = No Win

In all honestly...i don't normally moan on this forum and i enjoy the game immensely...

BUT...

Is it just me or when you have a goal disallowed when your drawing/losing, regardless if its in the first minute of the game or the last, correct or incorrect...99% of time you won't win that game...

Latest example, just played Chelsea at Stamford Bridge with my Southampton team...Chelsea have severely dropped off the radar in recent years, finishing around mid-table...however...they have had a bit of a revival this season and currently sit 4th in the table, one position behind me after about 15 games...

They start quick and score after 15 seconds...not great...but i instantly reply with a header from a free-kick...BUT WAIT...it gets disallowed. I now know i won't win this game 2 minutes in...no matter how many opportunities i have or if i boss the game till the end, i already know i've dropped points...and alas...i was right. After their goal i dominated the game and had all the opportunities. To rub salt into the wounds, apparently the goal should have stood too.

Alright, alright i know i'm just a little mad after losing and i know this isn't the case and more likely selective memory...but it seems i'm right 99% of the time...

While we're providing heresay and general feelings as evidence:

Honved 4 - 0 AFG; Champions League Group Stage. Honved had goals ruled out in the 1st, 20th and 25th minute for 2 fouls and an offside...

Honved 3 - 1 Bayern Munchen; It's 0-0, Honved have a goal ruled out for offside. Bayern go a goal up immediately. Honved score 3 to win in dominant fashion!

Honved 9 - 0 Veces; Honved have 4 goals ruled out in the first half for offsides, and well... You can guess the rest.

...hmmm...

Get me a statistically significant sample and then post again!

Have a good day.

While we're providing heresay and general feelings as evidence:

Honved 4 - 0 AFG; Champions League Group Stage. Honved had goals ruled out in the 1st, 20th and 25th minute for 2 fouls and an offside...

Honved 3 - 1 Bayern Munchen; It's 0-0, Honved have a goal ruled out for offside. Bayern go a goal up immediately. Honved score 3 to win in dominant fashion!

Honved 9 - 0 Veces; Honved have 4 goals ruled out in the first half for offsides, and well... You can guess the rest.

...hmmm...

Get me a statistically significant sample and then post again!

Have a good day.

i think you'll find that i clearly stated that i didn't believe it to be true...

Have a good day.

Archived