So start of the season and hopes are high.....

Time for a new season and after a successful season last term and a couple of new faces I am hopeful I can win everything there is to win.

1st game is the community shield..ok no biggie but I do want to try and win everything......seems the game has other idea's..

8 players on international duty and 3 injuries means I can only field 4 of my 1st team,I have followed football all my life(now 38) and have never seen a team playing in the community shield with most of there 1st team away on international duty.

Makes matters even worse is I am playing Man Utd and not 1 of there players away on international duty...seems very odd.

ipswichtownipswichplaye.png

The community shield has not been kind to me either. As Liverpool manager I got thumped 6-1 by arch rivals Man United even though I had the likes of Reina, Gerrard, Carragher & Carroll in the team. Hopefully that awful display by my team isnt a sign of things to come in the forthcoming season.

Well it turned out the match was bitter sweet for me.

Having had to play a few 1st team guys a few reserve's and a few youths on the bench I did not fancy my chances,things got worse when it came up that if I avoided defeat then that would be a new record and 25 match's unbeaten.

Being the Steam achievement seeker that I am I was gutted as this is 1 I have not gotten yet(30 match's unbeaten)..

Though the guys on the park did great and we somehow got a 0-0...we did lose on penalties 5-4 but the achievement only goes for 90 mins so we march on.....2 games into the new season and I have only gotten 2 of those players back from international duty but I have signed 2 more and the achievement is in sight.

This really should be something that the devs look at though,amazed that it got through 3 patch's without a fix.

I hope I don't come across as a complete prat, but an apostrophe indicates possession (John's hat = the hat belonging to John); just add an s without any punctuation to make the plural (or -es or -ies if necessary): matches, reserves, patches.

Apostrophes are also used if something is missing (rock 'n' roll, eight o' clock, don't etc.).

I'm sorry, but being an editor/proofreader I just can't help it :|

Archived