How to become the richest club in the world?

In the beginning of the game Chelsea is worth 2 Billion pounds. But when I increased the revenue for United (just for the sake of experiment) to 2 Billion, they are still not the richest club! I did the same with other teams and some of their financial status shot up! I then increased the VALUE for some players in different teams, and the club's value goes up as well but not all the time.

My question is how to make your club the richest (without cheating of course). How does FM 2008 measure the value of your team? Does the value of the players you have count or reputation count as well?

From what i've seen it seems to take player values, bank balance, facilities, reputation and success into account.

I finished 3rd 3 seasons running with Roma and had roughly the ame balance at the end of each season, and had been buying/selling players for similar amounts. My value went up gradually each season.

I know in real life it would be the role of the chairman/directors/accounts to clear the debt that belongs to the club, but surely to have an option to take money out of your transfer budget, or just to allocate funds towards clearing the debt wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Originally posted by DevonSpurs:

I know in real life it would be the role of the chairman/directors/accounts to clear the debt that belongs to the club, but surely to have an option to take money out of your transfer budget, or just to allocate funds towards clearing the debt wouldn't be such a bad idea.

You could imagine a manager accepting that?

Originally posted by glamdring:

A manager doesn't have a choice in general - either accept it or threaten to resign is about the only choice you have!

Kev Blackwell at Luton, don't think he actually wanted to leave but what else could he do.

Originally posted by happy slappy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mc-gunner:

look at the finances screen

it will tell u when the loans will be paid back

and then u will c when u can start 2 become the richest

I struggled to read this, could someone explain it in English please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it said look at the finance screen and it will tell you when the loans have to be paid back then you will see when you can start to become rich.

I would welcome the opportunity to repay debt sooner. As to whether it happens in real life or not - I don't really see that as relevant as in real life the managers aren't involved in negotiating transfers and making offers. As far as I can tell they indicate to the board the players they are interested in and the level of that interest - of course I'm open to correction

Originally posted by james_33:

I would welcome the opportunity to repay debt sooner. As to whether it happens in real life or not - I don't really see that as relevant as in real life the managers aren't involved in negotiating transfers and making offers. As far as I can tell they indicate to the board the players they are interested in and the level of that interest - of course I'm open to correction

Yeh I think that's generally true. I think they would get informed as to how much X player would then eat into the club's transfer and wage budget but you're right, most of what the 'Manager' does on FM in terms of transfer and contract negotiations is done by the Board in real life, on the instructions (usually!) of the Manager.

I'd say the managers make a sugegstion to the board on price etc and the board would consult the manager re negotiations etc. I don't see that as being any different to what we do in the game other than us clicking "offer" instead of "suggestion".

As for clearing debt, I don't want anything to do with it. Personally I find the fact that we are held accountable for a clubs financial situation in FM ridiculous, considering we have no say in anything other than signings. If I stay within my budget I should keep my job end of. Get rid of the confidence re finances that affects our position at the club and leave the rest of it to the game. If a club starts to go bankrupt it's the boards fault and the board should have to deal with it.

EITHER improve AI so that when enough money is available they pay off loans so that interest doesnt cripple your monthly outgoings OR let the manager prompt/ interact / make suggestions on this matter to the board

its an unrealistic system at the moment if anything so manager interaction wouldnt be too bad an idea

41 seasons the manager of the same club: Salernitana (without going on holiday)

I start in the serie C, after 2 seasons I promoted to the serie B, then after 6 years I promoted to the serie A, the first 10 years I was a average team in the serie A (finished between the 15th and 7th place) after that I finished every year by the best 5 in the league

My victories:

1x winner Serie B

3x winner Italian Cup

2x winner Serie A

1x winner Champions League

I'm very very very rich, my club is worth 2,2 billion euro's

250 million euro's transfer money

190 million euro's wages money (I use 100 million)

How I became very rich?: search for young stars who want a lower wages than the star players, build a team, after a few years sell your cheap youngers for about 20 to 30 million euro's, keep the wages low. And start all over again.

I'm very proud with this save.

bye

Archived