Am I mental if I wear a suit for a cup final?

I think the title gets the point across pretty well....

My better half recently referred to me as a "Giant Tool" because I insisted on wearing my best suit for a Cup Final in game. To me it's normal & has been since FM2005, has now become tradition.

So my question is, how many of you would do something similar? Or, does anybody have any other "Interesting" traditions that have developed with FM?

Yes, yes you are indeed mental.

As mentioned it has been done before.

But im sure most of us FM managers appreciate the dedication to your team.

And no, i don't think i would go that far myself. But if you want to wear a suit...go for it. :)

Good luck for the final by the way (if your in one).

Why? it's a game FFS! Weird. Hahahahahaha Next you will be setting up a youth academy in your backyard......

Bloody good idea! Thanks for that, then I can ask the missus for funds to upgrade the facilities. That'll teach her to question the importance of FM... HA!

If you win a trophy, do you parade yourself around your local town or village as well?

Not sure I'm quite there yet, wearing a suit for the final is one thing but hopping on the open top bus with a home made trophy requires a bit more erm..... dedication than I've got. (Read I'm not that mental)

You'd look very dodgy though.

Not in a suit I wouldn't!

I think the title gets the point across pretty well....

My better half recently referred to me as a "Giant Tool" because I insisted on wearing my best suit for a Cup Final in game. To me it's normal & has been since FM2005, has now become tradition.

So my question is, how many of you would do something similar? Or, does anybody have any other "Interesting" traditions that have developed with FM?

Proof that you are not alone in here ;)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/78708-The-toilet-seat-press-conference

I interview myself when on the toilet.

lol,,,ive been doing this for years,,,,,,,,,i get bored of the same questions i always ask myself though

I've played a cup final in just a towel before and given a half time team talk. I was inspired by the way Pulis dealt with James Beattie after disagreements between manager & player.

Personally, I wouldn't consider this crazy at all. Ultimately, it's about extending the experience by creating the feeling of actually being there. This is pretty common with simulation games. Take, for example, flight simulation - homebuilt cockpits are very popular, and many can easily cost thousands of dollars before they're done.

When i got Spurs to the CL final at the Allianz Arena, not only did i wear a suit, i perused images of the stadium and listened to the Champions League music preceding the game. I then did a press junket afterwards, saying how proud i was of the lads even after a tight 2-1 defeat to Barcelona.

It's admissions like this that make me thankful the internet is anonymous.

Not sure I'm quite there yet, wearing a suit for the final is one thing but hopping on the open top bus with a home made trophy requires a bit more erm..... dedication than I've got. (Read I'm not that mental)

Not a bad idea. I can hop on one of those London tourist buses with a trophy.

I interview myself when on the toilet.

Do that... almost known to talk to myself like I am on the training ground talking to players between intervals (making coffee, getting a drink, going for a smoke etc. ) Done the suit thing a few years ago :D

My fiance and I went to a wedding last year. I use the photo that was taken of us (obviously cut her out) but it's the only photo of me in a suit. So use it for my Manager profile picture.

Troubled by this post, fantasist approach with a touch of Walter Mitty, but then you seem to use this as a escapism mechanism which is forgiven in times like we have right now, jury out on this one.

Archived