Everybody's Best Friend

I've just started a new save with the team I support in real life, Spurs, for the umpteenth time, and something I've never seen before or - anything near it - has happened. By March fifteen of my first team squad have the same player listed as 'favoured personnel', Nico Kranjcar. Scoring five in a Champion's League qualifier seemed to start the love-in, but more and more players seem to choose him as weeks go by.

Has anyone else had this experience of an incredibly popular player? Clearly for the harmony of my squad I'm going to have to keep him around for the foreseeable future. Possibly make him captain?

I've noticed it a lot before. I was doing a Fiorentina save, and had a new CF I'd brought in during the second season score a hattrick as we beat either one of the big teams (possibly Inter or Juventus) 3-2, and suddenly I had a lot of my players listing him as favoured personnel, I also think he made it on to the teams list of favoured personnel...

It seems to happen if they perform some heroic feat, especially against one of your major rivals.

Actually I just remembered who it was that scored that hattrick for me, and I realised that I didn't actually sign him, but I knew it was someone strange. It was Christian Vieri. He was my only fit striker at the time, and I wasn't looking forward to the match to say the least. But the legend he is, he put in a big match performance when we needed it. :)

In my Juventus save almost every player are very fond of Emanuel Adebayor. The only reason I can think of is because he scores lots of goals.

Considering how much Arsenal fans hate him quite a lot of the Arsenal boys and Man City players appear to like him must be a likeable mercenary :thup:

Archived