Use Current Team Selection When Possible

What's the point of the above option if the game just decides to completely ignore it at its leisure?

Example 1: I'm managing the current European and World Champions in a long-term savegame, an Hungarian club I've brought all the way from NBIII to the Champions' League. I have a League Cup game two days before a critical Champions' League match, so on the pre-match screen I pick what I consider a reserve team for the fixture and holiday over it. Imagine my annoyance to discover that the team selection used for the match actually bears no resemblance whatsoever to the selection I left.

Example 2: I'm a pretty hands-on kinda' guy, and so I like to manage my reserve side on those rare occasions where their fixtures don't clash with my first team. I particularly like to rotate in guys whose condition is beginning to decline due to not having played in a couple of weeks. It's been a long night though, so again I pick the team on the pre-match screen and holiday past the match. Again, I view the match report and discover to my annoyance that precisely two of the players I selected actually started the match.

I repeat, what's the point of the option if the game just decides to completely ignore it at its leisure?

Holiday mode has never been intended as an actual gameplay mechanic - plenty on it doesn't work properly, but as it's effectively a test tool that's open to the public, SI aren't really going to prioritise it.

Archived