How do I reduce my team's salary?

Hello everyone. I am currently coaching the team D.C. United and stumbled into a problem. Somewhere near the beginning of the regular season, I had a few players go on a long term injury. After one of those players recovered, I have to go to the team registration screen to re-register my team. But the team's salary per week is 50K and I am about 1.4 thousand dollars over it. I was wondering how I reduce some of my players salaries so I do not have to waiver anyone. I would like to keep the squad members I started out the season with. I believe I have one or two other players that are still on a long term injury and should be about to go back into full training.

Also, could someone explain more in depth what wavering a player is really about in this game?

You can always try and write new contracts with your players and see if anyone is willing to lower their salary. Older players are usually more inclined to do so so you might want to start there. Other than that it isn't much you can do except letting players go.

Archived