Basic 442 or 451?

I'll use very Often 442/442 Attacking

I don't concede -/ much Goals, As when i Play with 433

Last Season I had 1Loose 2Draws and the Rest Wins with a 442 Attacking, so i would'nt say , that this formation is Bad.

451 i Never Tried Yet

Im playing the ipad version. I've had great success with the 4132. I've got a few players who do well as CM but appear to be better suited for a winger role so I have been trying to implement a 442 with limited success. Maybe I just need to give it more time. I'm quick to move back to my 4132 if anything goes wrong!

Could you give any more info on your 442 attacking and whether its PSP or I-version. 4132 and 433 are way ahead the best formations and would be interested to give any succesful formations with wingers a try.

I think 433 is the "sweet spot" in FMH well it is for me however 451 and 442 both have potential due to them being so flexible and overloading the midfield more than a 433.

Which FMH do you have as I could link you to some good 442s?

Personally I think Box to Box Midfielders are the 'sweet spot' in FMH11. I'd go with a 4-1-3-2 or 4-3-2-1 to use as many players as possible in that role.

A combination of both is one of my most trusted formations :)

4-3-3 with 3 BBM works like a charm!

I never managed to get a formation with wide midfielders to work as well as 4-3-3, 4-1-2-1 or 4-3-2-1.

• SI Staff
Could you give any more info on your 442 attacking and whether its PSP or I-version. 4132 and 433 are way ahead the best formations and would be interested to give any succesful formations with wingers a try.

I find with 442 attacking the crux is having fast wingers with decent crossing (duh?) .... or having them with decent shooting and asking them to cut-inside more (set them as Inside Forwards).

Please bear in mind that your center midfield is 'light' in this formation because the wingers are advanced a fair bit - I generally ask at least one of the central midfielders to drop deep (Deep Lying Midfielder) in order to provide cover for the defense/slow things down a little while other people get back to help (I often also ask one of the strikers to play 'Deep' - this gives the midfield a bit more cover and also means that the attack is 'layered' more meaning the deep player can ghost in behind the main striker who is normally a target man, the other combo I use is the standard Target Man/Poacher setup).

PS - I just won the Premiership using 442 attacking with Brighton for those doubting if its workable ;)

The roles in my formation:

WBk CTR CTR Wbk
   DLM BWM
InF        WM
   TM Pcr

Team Instructions:

Mentality - Balanced

Passing - Short

Tackling - Committed

Pressing - Off

Offside Trap - Yes

Counter Attack - No

Men Behind Ball - No

• SI Staff

PS - My wingers were CRITICAL to my lifting the title - with over 32 assists coming from those players and the inside forward providing 6 goals and 9 assists ... out record was P38 W24 D6 L8 F74 A31 GD 43 Pts 78 (second was Man Utd on 78pts with 31 GD and 3rd Chelsea on 77 points (better GD) .... I won the title literally on the last day of the season and have no finger nails left ;) )

PS - My wingers were CRITICAL to my lifting the title - with over 32 assists coming from those players and the inside forward providing 6 goals and 9 assists ... out record was P38 W24 D6 L8 F74 A31 GD 43 Pts 78 (second was Man Utd on 78pts with 31 GD and 3rd Chelsea on 77 points (better GD) .... I won the title literally on the last day of the season and have no finger nails left ;) )

Haha, that was a good season! I also like the "layered" idea, with deep lying/advanced forwards/midfielders. I should try these tactics and see what I can get.

Going to play one season with Barnsley and give it a try (no wingers in my current save and im worried a change in formation may rock the boat).

I wouldn't say Marc's formation is the best on the game when you hear how long it took him to get Brighton into the Premier League :p.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn!

And I agree that b2b midfielders are the sweet spot in this game. When you have 2 b2b in your team, it gives you a lot of freedom with the rest of the roles.

• SI Staff
I wouldn't say Marc's formation is the best on the game when you hear how long it took him to get Brighton into the Premier League :p.

You can take the mick once you post a screenshot showing you've done it Dec ;)

• SI Staff
used 442 for 30 seasons with Burnley, the formation Marc stole from me ;)

Wingers had 50+ assists every season, target man netting 50+ goals poacher just behind on around 30+

Would love to pretend my team was as dominant as that ... but my top scorer had I think 18 league goals and they were spread around the team a fair bit really.

Archived