Play-off disasters!!

Just had a play-off disaster. Managing Bath City in Blue Square South I lost to Basingstoke on penalties during sudden death. It had been 1-1 after 120 mins and we just couldnt get that winner despite being on top. What makes it really bad though was that the play-off final was actually on my home ground, Twerton Park (is this normal?) and I had a record attendance, 3000 plus instead of the usual 500 or so. So plenty of fan support there. Unbelievable opportunity for promotion after two previous season of frankly dismal failure. Grrr...

What’s your play-off disasters?

Yes its normal mate in real life on Sunday my local team Guisley play Telford in the Blue Square north playoff final at Telfords Ground.

Mine was losing the League 1 playoff with Bradford in the 4th season to Leeds 2-1 our deadly rivals. I was winning until the 87th minute damn added on time!

I managed to blow a 3-0 lead at half time with West Brom in a "challenge game" me and a few friends played a few years back.

My most recent disaster like this though was in the Hungarian Ligakupa. 0-0 at home to a team who were staring relegation in the face. The second leg was on the back of my 3-1 defeat of Bayern Munich in the Champions League. I lost 3-0! It was the semi final!

I had a Nottingham Forest league on FM10 where I got 101 points, but still finished 3rd in the Championship behind Newcastle and WBA.

As you'd expect I got stuffed 4-1 at the Madjeski by Reading and could only win 2-0 at the City Ground in the 2nd leg. Gutted.

We never really recovered from that and I left the following November, in 5th position.

Archived