Convincing a keeper to sign a contract without a clean sheet bonus

Got my worldwide rep commanding goalkeeper to sign a new 5 year €35k p/w contract without a clean sheet bonus clause! He was looking for €10.5k per sheet but did abit of tweaking to the terms and he accepted a contract without one.

First time thats happened to me but I suspect this is a bug? Is it?

Why wouldn't you give him a bonus? Any encouragement to try harder not to concede goals must be a good thing! I prefer giving lower wages and higher bonuses, if players would actually agree to it.

Why wouldn't you give him a bonus? Any encouragement to try harder not to concede goals must be a good thing! I prefer giving lower wages and higher bonuses, if players would actually agree to it.

Because I completely dominate the league and he shouldnt get a 10k bonus for something I could get a keeper with half the ability to do. I need him for the UCL is all really and bonuses are rewarded for league appearances.

Also, has it been proven in the game that clean sheet bonuses make a significant difference?

Because I completely dominate the league and he shouldnt get a 10k bonus for something I could get a keeper with half the ability to do. I need him for the UCL is all really and bonuses are rewarded for league appearances.

Also, has it been proven in the game that clean sheet bonuses make a significant difference?

Every bonus can make a significant difference.

Can but if he felt it was important, wouldn't he have asked for one?

He's an ambitious player thats volatile and media friendly to go with it, I doubt he'd have any qualms about rejecting the deal and looking for better

Prolly can't read and only signs with an X... believes everything his greedy ass agent says too... :p

I say it has to be a bug, I seriously can not see a keeper accepting a deal which doesn't include a clean sheet bonus.

I can't understand why people think this is a bug. He was clearly happy enough with the contract offer not to desire one.

I'm sure not every single keeper in professional football gets a clean sheet bonus written into their contract.

• 1 year later...

How much % usually are clean sheet bonuses for keepers? IE, in general appearance fee is 10% of a player's contract.

Keepers seem to be random - from 10% to 40% of their contracts for the appearance fee, but is there a rough number out there that teams actually follow?

Don't play him in league games and he won't get his bonus. At least don't play him in the really easy games.

I'm intrigued to know what you tweaked to get him to sign. Increase the wage at all?

100% agree with this!

I always try this to any player of my team: Lower wages and high bonus!

Archived