Attendances for cup semi against my B team

I just thought this was interesting. I had to face my B team in the Hungarian Cup Semi-Final in a two legged match. The first match was at the "home" of Honved II and had an attendance of 5303 in my 10,000 seater stadium. Now at the "home" the Stadium is empty except in the away end where the "Honved II" fans are. The total number is a mere 228 fans and if the Stadium is to be believed they are only the "Honved II" supporters.

They didn't think about this possibility did they. Also, my Honved side played better at "Home". It's the same damn stadium!

I've also always gotten the feeling that at neutral venues that the team listed first still get the home advantage, but that's just me. I have no proof of that.

Sounds likely to me that the formula used to calculate away fans at a stadium doesn't take into account the distance travelled. So effectively it doesn't matter if the stadium is local, same country, or even the same stadium itself.

Sounds likely to me that the formula used to calculate away fans at a stadium doesn't take into account the distance travelled. So effectively it doesn't matter if the stadium is local, same country, or even the same stadium itself.

...or the same team or in fact the same bloody match!

I've also always gotten the feeling that at neutral venues that the team listed first still get the home advantage, but that's just me. I have no proof of that.

I've always used the home tactics if i'm the first time, or away tactics if I'm second for matches at neutral venues, and it has always worked out better for me that way.

....I've also always gotten the feeling that at neutral venues that the team listed first still get the home advantage, but that's just me. I have no proof of that.

:) I've always believed that as well, again with zero proof. First thing I check once the 'draw' for a final I'm in is made.

Archived