Assistant Manager Bug

Is there a bug with the assistant managers? I trying to buy two German players who my assistant has filtered players who would like to join my club. Both of these players have me as their favourite personnel. I have just won the treble with Liverpool and are ranked third highest club in the world behind Real M and Barca. But everytime i try and buy them they say they have no intentions in joining me. Is this a Bug?

Sadly the "EXCUSE" you will get is its just the assistant manager's opinion. To me its yet another problem with the game and it increases micromanagement. Personally I don't want to sift through 20 players just to find out who will sign and who wont even talk. I work for a living and just don't have the time.

... my assistant has filtered players who would like to join my club ...

There is no such filter.

Regardless, it is unrealistic to expect your assistant manager to be able to tell you with 100% accuracy whether or not a player would consider joining your team without even speaking to him. So to answer your question, no this is not a bug.

There is no such filter.

Filter out uninterested players in the player search?

There is a filter which is labelled "ask assistant to filter out unrealistic targets" (I think, don't have the game in front of me) which is absolutely not the same thing as "only show me players who are interested in signing for me", which is what the OP thinks it is.

i have to disagree.

define an unrealistic target.

i never get anyone in that list that refuses to discuss terms, whereas players who are filtered out from that list are the ones who won't discuss terms.

purely semantics in my opinion.

i have to disagree.

define an unrealistic target.

i never get anyone in that list that refuses to discuss terms, whereas players who are filtered out from that list are the ones who won't discuss terms.

purely semantics in my opinion.

unrealistic targets include players who are unlikely to gain a work permit etc.

unrealistic targets include players who are unlikely to gain a work permit etc.

Also if you are a lower league manager it filters out all the players who your AM thinks wouldn't entertain the drop doen the leagues.

For example would Rooney sign for brentford in the first division the answers no so why bother listing him.

You are only getting all players willing to discuss terms with you because you are one of the top clubs.

Your assistant will filter out players who are interested in signing for you too, he just thinks they won't ;)

It's a judgement call, and you are asking for your assistant to give you his opinion... if we could have coaches and scouts filtering the searches in the same way you would get different results based on their opinions...

tip: if the scout report says "no intention of joining our club at this time" then they have no intention of joining your club...

Archived