Touchline shouts - Get stuck in...

At the risk of exposing myself a complete dunce...

I've no idea what this means. In over 20 years of playing the game I've never had a coach use this phrase. I've heard it on the television and see that I can shout it to my squad, but I'm not sure what I'd be instructing them to do. I wonder if its one of those things where if given an English to American translation it would be completely obvious and sensible to me, but at the moment I'm at a loss.

Is there anyone kind enough to forgive my idiocy and tell me what this means?

Thanks in advance.

At the risk of exposing myself a complete dunce...

I've no idea what this means. In over 20 years of playing the game I've never had a coach use this phrase. I've heard it on the television and see that I can shout it to my squad, but I'm not sure what I'd be instructing them to do. I wonder if its one of those things where if given an English to American translation it would be completely obvious and sensible to me, but at the moment I'm at a loss.

Is there anyone kind enough to forgive my idiocy and tell me what this means?

Thanks in advance.

Haha, same predicament with me.

hard tackling...

Many thanks...

I actually had this picture of my players dropping into deep defensive positions and sticking themselves there. So, it turns out that for whatever reason I intuitively thought one thing and the truth ends up being the exact opposite. Glad I asked!

On occasion over here in the states we need a "real" English to American English translation on things.

Many thanks...

I actually had this picture of my players dropping into deep defensive positions and sticking themselves there. So, it turns out that for whatever reason I intuitively thought one thing and the truth ends up being the exact opposite. Glad I asked!

On occasion over here in the states we need a "real" English to American English translation on things.

You're welcome :)

The phrase is in the game in other places too, such as coach and scout reports... "player's tendency to not get stuck into rough challenges" etc

This shout can work well with "hassle opponents". Think of teams like Barcelona who press and really try to win the ball back high up the pitch.

Can do, but you might want to keep your shape and avoid being skinned by faster opponents. You might just want to rough 'em up a bit! Works well against Arsenal IRL!!

Archived