Do I invest???

Okay, so Ive been an avid fan of management sims for as long as I can remember, however after the split I decided to go the path of buying Championship Manager and after 4 or 5 awful games, they finally progressed and made a decent game in CM 2010. Imagine my disbelief when they state that they are no longer making games for the PC, and are concentrating on handhelds. As a loyal customer for years, they refused to state the reason for this, and me as well as many other fans feel like we have been treated badly. But the question is do I invest in the FM currently on sale or do I wait until the next one to come out because to be honest I would begrudge paying £20 on a game that is going to be out of date in a couple of months and also will the 2012 game be a vast improvement on the current one.

Any advice would be great :)

Loyal customers stuck with FM after the split as that was the game they had been playing as CM for years ;)

Anyway, if you haven't got FM11 I would buy it, even though FM12 will be out in October it usually takes a couple of patches before people are happy to play career games which means around Xmas. Either way for £20 you are going to get around 6-9 months of play time which is more than you get from most other PC games.

Firstly! I don't know whether to puke and or kill you. The first third of that paragraph is utter w***. How in the world of holy f*** you'd dare to post on to the FM forums and say CM (spits) has ever been a good game after the big split is quite beyond me. I am going to hold my tongue but by god it would have been words to the effect of "How could you stoop so low as to not only buy one CM (spits) but several CMs (spits several times)", only much much much more insulting.

The second third, no one gives a crap whether a CM (spits) was EVER released since the split, let alone last year. TBH I think most people are glad that such an abysmal product will now cease to exist, so cry your little heart out. The only possible use you'd get out of the hand held version is the fact that it's a nice size and shape to comfortably throw a great distance.

Finally to actually answer your question, the current version will last you more than a couple of month, as the glorious FM is usually released October or more recently November time. At least that's about 5 months to get used to playing a decent football management sim for a change.

Cheers

Loyal customers stuck with FM after the split as that was the game they had been playing as CM for years ;)

Anyway, if you haven't got FM11 I would buy it, even though FM12 will be out in October it usually takes a couple of patches before people are happy to play career games which means around Xmas. Either way for £20 you are going to get around 6-9 months of play time which is more than you get from most other PC games.

Thanks for the reply, and I would have gone the FM way but I was only like 11-12 when it happened and didn't even understand it all :lol: but i think i might buy it, seen it on Ebay quite cheap also.

;)

Firstly! I don't know whether to puke and or kill you. The first third of that paragraph is utter w***. How in the world of holy f*** you can come on to the FM forums and say CM (spits) has ever been a good game after the big split. I am going to hold my tongue but by god it would have been words to the effect of "How could you stoop so low as to not only buy one CM (spits) but several CMs (spits several times)", only much much much more insulting.

The second third, no one gives a crap whether a CM (spits) was EVER released since the split, let alone last year. TBH I think most people are glad that such an abysmal product will now cease to exist, so cry your little heart out. The only possible use you'd get out of the hand held version is the fact that it's a nice size and shape to comfortably throw a great distance.

Finally to actually answer your question, the current version will last you more than a couple of month, as the glorious FM is usually released October or more recently November time. At least that's about 5 months to get used to playing a decent football management sim for a change.

Cheers

Calm yourself down mate, everyone has an opinion ;) and I have no intention of buying the handheld game. But your 3rd paragraph was actually half constructive.... so thanks?

Glenn Hoddle had an opinion once, that had similar reasoning and merit to it too. ;)

Apologies if the post did cause any offence. It was meant in a humorous over the top manner.

:lol: No worries my friend, no offence was taken.

Firstly! I don't know whether to puke and or kill you. The first third of that paragraph is utter w***. How in the world of holy f*** you'd dare to post on to the FM forums and say CM (spits) has ever been a good game after the big split is quite beyond me. I am going to hold my tongue but by god it would have been words to the effect of "How could you stoop so low as to not only buy one CM (spits) but several CMs (spits several times)", only much much much more insulting.

Cheers

No need for the swearing so cut it out.

Fm11 will be worth investing in if you enjoy then you could leave getting fm12 until the last patch

comes out for it.

Also remember when asking questions on this site most are FM fanatics. They notice bugs and errors that no normal man may see or even comprehend.....

For me fm11 11.0 was fine. I had a look on Amazon and its £14. I'd try the demo first but remember although the new game comes out in October that's 4 months away. £14 for 4 months play is pertty good when you compare that to other games.

I would say buy FM11, much better than the CM series.

Would also like to see what you think after a month or so of playing the game to see your opinion on it of possible.

EDIT. Braundjoh's post is another reason to buy FM11 because when it comes to 12 you will be ready to go instead of been a newbie to a new edition.

As Cougar said mostly the new version takes a patch or two before you will want to get stuck into a long term game anyway so you will still get a good 7 months of play out of this one.

And to answer your other question, although im a loyal FM player... No, most new versions are not a VAST improvement. They have the luxury that FM Is a great game anyway so making vast changes would be bad, mostly its just new features (often fluff feature but fun nonetheless), better match engine and the like...

I was a CM'er until CM10 came out, as after two years of waiting I feel it actually went backwards from CM08. I tried CM09 and DRM issues mean I didn't really get to try it, and I couldn't get into the FM10 demo when it came out. I got FMH10 for PSP and I got used to the 1-20 stats and layout thanks to it's intuitive colours and menus. I gave the demo another go, got the FM2010 full version in January 2010 and haven't dared look back since.

Anyway, if you haven't got FM11 I would buy it, even though FM12 will be out in October it usually takes a couple of patches before people are happy to play career games which means around Xmas.

How do you know that FM12 will be released in October? Have you been looking into your crystal ball?:lol:

FM 11 was released in November and so was one of the previous releases (fm2009 I think).

I was a CM'er until CM10 came out, as after two years of waiting I feel it actually went backwards from CM08. I tried CM09 and DRM issues mean I didn't really get to try it, and I couldn't get into the FM10 demo when it came out. I got FMH10 for PSP and I got used to the 1-20 stats and layout thanks to it's intuitive colours and menus. I gave the demo another go, got the FM2010 full version in January 2010 and haven't dared look back since.

Love a success story lol :)

Archived