You've got to be kidding me!....(Manager of the Year Award)

Currently managing Bromley in the Blue Square Bet South Division.

I have:

Won the Title (Played 42 Won 39 Drew 3 Lost 0 - Goals for: 117 Goals against: 11...Total Points 120)

Won the FA Trophy (by beating Luton at Wembley in the final 3-2)

I have a 92% win ratio.

The only thing that has upset my board is that they are distraught over my lack of control over the wages (Budget: 3k, and im spending more than 3 times as much)

How on earth does the Boreham Wood's, Ian Allinson win the Manager of the year award when he finishes 11th in the league and gets 7 voting points, where as I only get 3?!

Wierd!! Can someone explain?

Apparently, I had done the unthinkable at Bromley by getting praise from the media, club favourites and the board! ... What happened??! Why didnt i win it?

Well.. the award is voted by the other managers i think, maybe the other managers don't like you very much! :)

Yes you are right Coentrao...I did have a few feuds with two or three during my first season as Bromley manager. But only because they were making very bemusing accusations that I wouldnt win the league when i was clearly like 30 points clear at the top! lool - Got on my nerves a wee bit. hehehe

Currently managing Bromley in the Blue Square Bet South Division.

I have:

Won the Title (Played 42 Won 39 Drew 3 Lost 0 - Goals for: 117 Goals against: 11...Total Points 120)

Won the FA Trophy (by beating Luton at Wembley in the final 3-2)

I have a 92% win ratio.

The only thing that has upset my board is that they are distraught over my lack of control over the wages (Budget: 3k, and im spending more than 3 times as much)

How on earth does the Boreham Wood's, Ian Allinson win the Manager of the year award when he finishes 11th in the league and gets 7 voting points, where as I only get 3?!

Wierd!! Can someone explain?

Apparently, I had done the unthinkable at Bromley by getting praise from the media, club favourites and the board! ... What happened??! Why didnt i win it?

wow that's amazing which goalkeeper did you get to had no defeats?.

Where were you predicted to finish and where were Boreham Wood predicted to finish? It comes down to performance matched against expectations so if the best team in the league finishes first but one of the bottom teams finishes mid-table then expect the manager that finished mid-tabole to get the award.

where did the media think both clubs would finish ? maybe the other manager did a very good job and his club was expected to finish near last and your club was already expected to finish top 3 ? Therefore you did not exceed expectations yet the other manager not only exceeded them but blasted them right out of this world.

Where were you predicted to finish and where were Boreham Wood predicted to finish? It comes down to performance matched against expectations so if the best team in the league finishes first but one of the bottom teams finishes mid-table then expect the manager that finished mid-tabole to get the award.
where did the media think both clubs would finish ? maybe the other manager did a very good job and his club was expected to finish near last and your club was already expected to finish top 3 ? Therefore you did not exceed expectations yet the other manager not only exceeded them but blasted them right out of this world.

He won 39 games and conceded 11 goals. Seriously.

He won 39 games and conceded 11 goals. Seriously.

Yep I did. And I can show you a screenshot. I did use Genie Scout to sign my players.. and I used ProZone's Squad Analysis to work out the best role for each position for each player (i.e. Limited Def, Cover, Advanced Playmaker Support or Attack etc..) .but I did not mess with any funds or edit any players.

I completely revamped my squad - got rid of EVERYONE and bought from scratch. I went WAY over my wage budget....But yes I did it. I also scored 120 goals - thanks to 2 French strikers I got on a free transfer: Joris Di Gregorio (Target Man) and Antoine-Curier (Poacher) - (who both scored 40 goals each in my first season). I also managed to sign in midfield - Brellier, Brian Kerr, Bob Malcolm, Edvard Lasota, Gauthier Mahoto. And in defence, I signed (on free) Mustapha Traore, Izzy Iriekpen, Ger O Brien, Aaron De Waard, Magnus Ueland. And in goal i got Frode Larsen and Beltitane and Nijkamp as my 3 keepers.

Thank you and goodnight. lol - roll on the Blue Squre Bet Premier league!!

p.s. Which is the best site to use to upload images so i can show you my team and results and the final table?

wow that's amazing which goalkeeper did you get to had no defeats?.

Keepers are the ones i mentioned in my previous post. I used a narrow formation throughout the whole season - 4-3-1-2 at HOME (Very fluid, attacking, press more, aggressive tackling), and 4-1-3-2 Away (Fluid, Control)

Yep I did. And I can show you a screenshot. I did use Genie Scout to sign my players.. and I used ProZone's Squad Analysis to work out the best role for each position for each player (i.e. Limited Def, Cover, Advanced Playmaker Support or Attack etc..) .but I did not mess with any funds or edit any players.

I completely revamped my squad - got rid of EVERYONE and bought from scratch. I went WAY over my wage budget....But yes I did it. I also scored 120 goals - thanks to 2 French strikers I got on a free transfer: Joris Di Gregorio (Target Man) and Antoine-Curier (Poacher) - (who both scored 40 goals each in my first season). I also managed to sign in midfield - Brellier, Brian Kerr, Bob Malcolm, Edvard Lasota, Gauthier Mahoto. And in defence, I signed (on free) Mustapha Traore, Izzy Iriekpen, Ger O Brien, Aaron De Waard, Magnus Ueland. And in goal i got Frode Larsen and Beltitane and Nijkamp as my 3 keepers.

Thank you and goodnight. lol - roll on the Blue Squre Bet Premier league!!

p.s. Which is the best site to use to upload images so i can show you my team and results and the final table?

I signed both of these for my League Two Hereford team.. Izzy is still putting in consistently good performances in League 1 at the start of season 3, Mahoto I sold last January window for 650k (well the board did... :mad: )

I signed both of these for my League Two Hereford team.. Izzy is still putting in consistently good performances in League 1 at the start of season 3, Mahoto I sold last January window for 650k (well the board did... :mad: )

Thats a bummer dude. Mahoto turns out to be quiet a player for the lower divisions....at least up to Npower League 1! His PA is something like 125 which isn't bad for that level I guess.

Im gonna get rid of a few who have dropped in stats quiet considerably since joining at the start of my first season..i.e. Lilian Laslandas, Craig Brewster (although I have him as a player/coach). I want new players and new staff for my new season. Ive got to remember that if i get promoted, i need to have 4 players trained in England so that I can register them for the Npower League 2 next season!

Thats a bummer dude. Mahoto turns out to be quiet a player for the lower divisions....at least up to Npower League 1! His PA is something like 125 which isn't bad for that level I guess.

Im gonna get rid of a few who have dropped in stats quiet considerably since joining at the start of my first season..i.e. Lilian Laslandas, Craig Brewster (although I have him as a player/coach). I want new players and new staff for my new season. Ive got to remember that if i get promoted, i need to have 4 players trained in England so that I can register them for the Npower League 2 next season!

PA doesn't interest me, I don't use an editor, FMRTE or anything else. I signed both of them after my scouts recommended them. I looked at their attributes, compared them with the players I already have for their position, with my tactics to see if they would fit into them OK and with the rest of the squad to see if they would fit in with them and then signed them both. Mahoto would have been good at Championship level, he was developing nicely and starting to put in some top drawer performances (which is why he was snaffled off me..) Iriekpen is doing brilliantly in League 1, was man of the match last game in fact and although Aaron Pierre and James Yeboah will eventually both surpass him he will still be able to do a job for me even if I get promoted to the Championship. I'm impressed you got him to drop to the BSS, I was surprised he would come to Hereford... but I'm glad he did :)

PA doesn't interest me, I don't use an editor, FMRTE or anything else. I signed both of them after my scouts recommended them. I looked at their attributes, compared them with the players I already have for their position, with my tactics to see if they would fit into them OK and with the rest of the squad to see if they would fit in with them and then signed them both. Mahoto would have been good at Championship level, he was developing nicely and starting to put in some top drawer performances (which is why he was snaffled off me..) Iriekpen is doing brilliantly in League 1, was man of the match last game in fact and although Aaron Pierre and James Yeboah will eventually both surpass him he will still be able to do a job for me even if I get promoted to the Championship. I'm impressed you got him to drop to the BSS, I was surprised he would come to Hereford... but I'm glad he did :)

To be honest, Football Manager is a funny old game. At the start of the season, Mahoto wouldnt sign for me. Then after a few weeks when i sign a few players, i guess the reputation of the players at the club is a bit higher, so he then decides to negotiate a contract. lol

Archived