How to terminate a loan player contract?

That's where I thought the option would be but it doesn't seem to be there.

I'm sure I had "can be recalled" selected as at the time I thought I'd made a mistake with this. You should be able to send him back though so that the player gets better treatment.

Presuming this is a player that you loaned from a club, did you pay a fee at all for the loan? If so, I don't believe you can terminate the loan. The "Can be recalled" option is for the club who has loaned the player to allow them to take the player back if they suddenly needed him.

I didn't pay a fee but I'm contributing to a small percentage of the players salary. Maybe that's why I can't send him back but it's strange as I received advice telling me I should terminate his contarct. Also, I', playing as Lincoln and the player in question is from Sunderland. Now if you was Sunderland manager wouldn't you want him receiving better treatment back at the club?

Last night I looked at all my other loan players and couldn't see anywhere I could terminate contract. Now, I haven't been playing since FM08 but you could terminate contact easily with that version of the game.

• 2 months later...

I'm guessing here, but have a look at all the options in the player's "Have Player Chat" menu. Normally there are options there to Transfer List, Warn Transfer List etc for poorly performing players, perhaps there will be an item there to terminate loans for injured or non-performing loaned players?

• 3 months later...

Archived