i was thinking the other day, why do we have the option to go on holiday? i always have sky sports on and have never known the manager not to be at the game because he is on holiday.

so why do we have it, and before anyone says its just a game, i no that but cant see the point in using it.

It's just a game.

I use it when:

a) unemployed

b) if I'm on a terrible run of form, I can leave my assistant in charge for a week

c) when there is a big gap (10-14 days) between games outside of a transfer window

Also can be useful when multiple players are "hot-seating".

PS. You don't actually go on holiday...

I holiday a lot on fm mostly match to match. It helps me fly through the seasons and enables me to use the internet at the same time.

I also used it to holiday simulate up to 2121 to see how the football world has changed.

I think the main benefit of "holidaying" is that you can play a multi-player game without everybody being available to play...

Personally I rarely use it, in my current save I haven't used it at all and have no real intention of using it..

Well that's ruined it for me, when i holiday the game i always imagined a weekend to Morcombe, holidaying will never be the same again.

Wouldn't it be a weekend in Cleethorpes if you're in Hull?

I never go on holiday, not even when unemployed. I spend that time watching games in all leagues I have loaded (3/4 a week if possible). I look out for players that play well in those games, and keep a list of them. That way when I got a job I've got players that I'm impressed with and would want to sign.

Archived