Does FM Have The TV Money In England Wrong?

The TV revenue is a major source of income for most teams in the Premier League and I've always though the most televised clubs should earn the most most money but I assumed FM had it right in saying that everyone received the same amount.

However I've just read that the champions will receive around £57million, whereas the bottom club will receive over £37million

Does anyone else know if that's right or whether FM's had it right all along??

Quote: "The Premier League distributes TV rights money based partly on performance, partly via equal shares of TV income, and partly on the number of times a club’s matches are screened live on domestic television."

Link

Quote: "The Premier League distributes TV rights money based partly on performance, partly via equal shares of TV income, and partly on the number of times a club’s matches are screened live on domestic television."

Link

"The Premier League distributes TV rights money based partly on performance, partly via equal shares of TV income, and partly on the number of times a club’s matches are screened live on domestic television."

This bit sounds as if they pay it all at the end of the season, how can you judge a team's performance before they've actually performed? Or does it take into account performances a season in advance?

"The Premier League distributes TV rights money based partly on performance, partly via equal shares of TV income, and partly on the number of times a club’s matches are screened live on domestic television."

This bit sounds as if they pay it all at the end of the season, how can you judge a team's performance before they've actually performed? Or does it take into account performances a season in advance?

- Each team gets a set amount each month.

- Extra revenue is received when TV games are played.

- Money is received based on your end of season position.

Archived