Manager Reputation

How did FM deal with Manager Reputation ?

Is it based solely on titles won ?

Says a manager of a small team that was predicted relegated, and finish 2nd or 3rd; or manager from unlikely semifinalist; will them get reputation boost ???

in order to really improve your reputation in the game, you need to win titles. If you take a BS N/S team to the premier without ever winning a league, your reputation will be much lower than if you won all of them. The same goes for the club's reputation.

in order to really improve your reputation in the game, you need to win titles. If you take a BS N/S team to the premier without ever winning a league, your reputation will be much lower than if you won all of them. The same goes for the club's reputation.

which imho is wrong. If I get promoted from lower divisions it should be considered the same (or almost) as if I won the league. I think that it's the promotion itself that should count in the lower leagues, if I get promoted by winning the league it should be a little plus.

Side note: in my career game I got promoted to Serie B through playoffs with Cremonese and all I got in the news items was "Cremonese got promoted", no thanks from the fans nor the chairman... it was irritating!! And my reputation didn't rise that much.

As far as I'm aware success which doesn't come in the form of silverware is massively underrated.

I finished 8th with Portsmouth last season as a newly promoted team to the EPL with attractive football and the 4th most goals scored in the league. Irl my name would be on every list when a job comes available. In the game however, my reputation is still just national and in the press I was only one of people linked to the 17th place Blackburn job (but not even the prima candidate) in next November when I was topping the EPL with a pretty much unchanged team.

I don't know if in England winning a lower league is really that much more important than 'just' winning promotion, but I can tell you that in germany nobody cares at all in which position you won promotion if you did.

Of course, massive underperformance would need to be considered as well and also there I do not get the feeling that it is yet.

This is really an area of which SI has to take more care. A lot.

As far as I'm aware success which doesn't come in the form of silverware is massively underrated.

I finished 8th with Portsmouth last season as a newly promoted team to the EPL with attractive football and the 4th most goals scored in the league. Irl my name would be on every list when a job comes available. In the game however, my reputation is still just national and in the press I was only one of people linked to the 17th place Blackburn job (but not even the prima candidate) in next November when I was topping the EPL with a pretty much unchanged team.

Was Ian Holloway linked with any good jobs at all this season after performing wonders with Blackpool, how about Phil Brown at Hull a few seasons ago, was he interviewed or linked with any jobs at all??

Was Ian Holloway linked with any good jobs at all this season after performing wonders with Blackpool, how about Phil Brown at Hull a few seasons ago, was he interviewed or linked with any jobs at all??

Not reading daily news about English football I cannot tell.

What I can tell you is that in Germany managers like Robin Dutt, Holger Stanislawski or Thomas Tuchel, or formerly Jürgen Klopp, have very quickly been linked with big clubs after finishing in the midfield of the league with small clubs. Now Dutt signed at Leverkusen, Stanislawski signed at Hoffenheim even despite being relegated with St. Pauli, Klopp won the league as Dortmund manager and Tuchel is presumably only still with mainz because he even managed to get them into Europe now.

Thus, if manager has such a remarkable success and is NOT linked to anything bigger, this seems a lot odder in my view than if he is. And this just doesn't EVER happen in FM because the reputation system is flawed. Even if it was not as regular in real life as I assume it is then the complete lack of this happening would still remain a flaw of the game.

milner your are right, but as jayahr says the game's consideration of promotion without winning the league is definitely underrated. (As my example above, i got promotion and neither the fans nor the chairman cared).

And jayahr is absolutely right when saying that it doesn't matter if you finish 1st or not, the most important thing is promotion... here in Italy is the same and i believe it's the same everywhere. Teams/fans don't celebrate winning the Championship, Serie B, etc.. they celebrate promotion.. it appears the game doesn't reckon that at all.

SI should focus on this and most of all on journeyman career games as there are many things that are not how they should be.

Some people defend the company way too laughable.... :D

just because some managers didn't get best offer doesn't mean the manager reputation didn't rise.

Allegri win no silverware but landed on Milan.

Sinisa Mihajlovic, Even that Italian moaner Roberto Moancini is nobody as manager before Inter signed him.

As far as i'm aware every game you play has slight effects on your reputation. So if you win a league title you're likely to get a significant boost in reputation but going on a good run can still boost your rep as well. Its certainly much faster to boost your rep by winning trophies.

As far as i'm aware every game you play has slight effects on your reputation. So if you win a league title you're likely to get a significant boost in reputation but going on a good run can still boost your rep as well. Its certainly much faster to boost your rep by winning trophies.

The latter thing is also right of course, as long as we talk about important titles.

My niggle is not specifically that promotions without winning a league are underrated. More generally, relative success (i.e. relative to the stature of your club and the ability of your squad) is not considered realistically in my opinion. As I said, finishing 8th with somebody can be a completely incredible achievement, depending on who you are.

Even if every single game has an impact on reputation in FM, I believe that being a high-flyer with a minnow at around November will irl already suffice to make the manager be touted as a very good prospect even if later on the club fall down a bit, closer to the expected finish.

Allegri is a good example indeed. Or Capello or Sacchi in earlier times. Seems like Milan regularly know what to look for in a manager ;)

The more competitions you win, the more your reputation will increase. Performing above expectations will get you noticed, but to really put yourself on the map and get a big boost you will need to win trophies. Additionally, the higher the reputation of the trophy, the bigger boost you will receive.

Archived