[iPhone] Board Confidence - Overall

Hi,

Anyone can explain me what the Overall bar in the Board Confidence screen relates to? I thought it was related to the other items (Competitions, Matches, Transfers, Finances and Harmony), but many times it does not seem to be related to these, as in the image below:

28lq5w7.png

Thanks for the hint, David. I have sent my save to Stuart. The game date on the save is mid-October, ~ 6 weeks after the screenshot posted here. Now the board is only 'slightly disappointed' :)

There are quite a few players unhappy for one reason or another. Those unhappy with their training regime may be particularly influential in causing the Overall to drop. I'd try setting the Training schedules to lighter levels and continuing for another month or two.

Last season with Man City, I won the League, the FA cup, and the Champions League. It was only the second time ever Man City had won the league (Myself being the manager on both occasions), and the first time ever they've been crowned champions of Europe. And this is what I got from the Board:

33wbpz8.png

And I think this is just wrong in so many levels. Even considering what David mentioned:

There are quite a few players unhappy for one reason or another. Those unhappy with their training regime may be particularly influential in causing the Overall to drop.

If I am a member of the board, and there are 4-5 whiners about being pushed to hard in training, I would definitely support the manager after seeing the results. Maybe they should suggest that they are unhappy by the attitude of this and that player.

In addition, winning a continental competition does not seem to have much of an effect on the board. It is never mentioned in the Board Confidence screen.

Plus, I press the "New Season" button, and in the next morning I get something like this:

2nq5w61.png

I think it's getting personal :)

Do you have Sugar Daddy enabled in your Preferences? This would cause more your board's tolerance of any negativity to be slightly more less understanding.

If you have a save game where the Confidence says about turning things around, even though you have other positive comments it would be helpful if you could send it through.

Hi David!

No Sugar Daddy enabled, but Man City comes with its own :)

Unfortunately I don't have a save game with the conditions you mentioned, but if it ever occurs again (which seems likely), I will be happy to send it to you.

I noticed the same thing on my Tottenham save. In my first season i won the league and made it to the champions league semis, but the board said i needed to turn things around during the second season preseason after winning two games 1 nil against vastly inferior competition. Kinda bizarre considering those games didnt count and my success in year one.

I noticed the same thing on my Tottenham save. In my first season i won the league and made it to the champions league semis, but the board said i needed to turn things around during the second season preseason after winning two games 1 nil against vastly inferior competition. Kinda bizarre considering those games didnt count and my success in year one.

Hi Zenyatta,

You wouldn't happen to have any save games from the end of the first season, as well as at the start of the second season? It tells you how to send a save game to us here if so :)

If not, how is your financial situation? Are you over your wage budget at all?

Cheers.

Hi Zenyatta,

You wouldn't happen to have any save games from the end of the first season, as well as at the start of the second season? It tells you how to send a save game to us here if so :)

If not, how is your financial situation? Are you over your wage budget at all?

Cheers.

Ill take a look this evening, i do stagger my saves so its possible I have it.

At the time I was about 100k over my weekly budget, but it was only half way through the transfer season, I generally adjust the budgets at the end of the transfer window to get them within the goals.

I just found it bizarre, that after a season of major success, they would tell me to turn around our form after two pre-season wins (albeit underwhelmin 1-nil wins)

Ive since started the second season well (won Community Shield, two wins and one draw in the prem) and have my weekly budgets in line, but it make me nervous that they may turn on me in the future! lol

Ill take a look this evening, i do stagger my saves so its possible I have it.

At the time I was about 100k over my weekly budget, but it was only half way through the transfer season, I generally adjust the budgets at the end of the transfer window to get them within the goals.

I just found it bizarre, that after a season of major success, they would tell me to turn around our form after two pre-season wins (albeit underwhelmin 1-nil wins)

Ive since started the second season well (won Community Shield, two wins and one draw in the prem) and have my weekly budgets in line, but it make me nervous that they may turn on me in the future! lol

Thanks for that, anything you can provide would be very helpful indeed :)

I assume that once you'd made that excellent start to the season and brought your finances into shape that the board are now thoroughly pleased with you?

Thanks for that, anything you can provide would be very helpful indeed :)

I assume that once you'd made that excellent start to the season and brought your finances into shape that the board are now thoroughly pleased with you?

Ill certainly look for it this evening. I think I have one for that month.

Yeah they are pleased now (What have you done for me lately!)

I just dont get how they could make such a bold statement after a couple weeks of the transfer window and two friendlies. The budgets and results are always going to be a bit out of whack in July as you are essentially rebuilding the team for the future season. You would think if im 100k over my weekly wage, but I have 35m in transfer funds available that they would freak over a small fluctuation that early. Plus, who the hell are they to critique me winning friendlies 1-nil to Reading and Swansea (both away) after I proved myself winning the league the year prior! I wish their was the "challenge chairman to fisticuffs" option.

Archived