Trained by a club in England? - Please Help

Hi guys,

I have managed to get Bromley from the BSS up to the BSP and I noticed that if I am going to achieve promotion from the BSP to the Npower League 2 next season, there are going to be player restrictions on my match squad selection.

I have looked for help on this but most of the threads are about European competition on this specific topic - but I would like to find out about the domestic league rules.

Basically, i understand that next season (if i am promoted to Npower League 2), I will have to have 4 players trained by a club in England in the Matchday squad.

My questions are:

1. How would you recommend I search for these? (as I see 2 options in the player search filter - Home Grown status by club OR by nation)

2. What is the difference in both Trained by club and Trained by Nation?

3. When will I have to come across the "trained by nation" rule during my current game?

Many thanks in Advance!

Nabz.

Anyone who is trained by your club will also be trained in England so you are best looking for Nation Grown players.

Trained by club is for Europe (you need 8 Homegrown players with at least 4 club homegrown players in Europe) for the English Leagues it is only Nation Grown that you need.

Also bare in mind that the youngest you can be classed as Homegrown is 18 as the three years only start when they turn 15 so your youth players do not start as Homegrown, in addition loaning players out affects the Homegrown status.

if you dont have enough players to satisfy the rules, you can leave blank spaces.

so if you only have 6 homegrown players, make sure you leave 2 spaces in your 25 man squad rather than filling them with under 21 year olds.

So if you have none, you can leave say, 8 blank spaces with no HG players?

So if you have none, you can leave say, 8 blank spaces with no HG players?

yes. but be aware that all players over the age of 21 must be registered so don't get a squad of 25 30yo's who aren't homegrown..

Archived