Match Preparation bars - 6 new signings but filled quickly to 100%

I took over at Pumas Morelos and played 13 matches before the transfer window (Mexican League) with the team I inherited. As the matches went by, the Match Preperation bars started filling - as the players got used to my new formation.

When transfer window came, I signed 7 players, 6 of which went straight into the starting 11.

I played a few friendlies and the first 2 league matches after transfer window, and saw that the Match Preparation bars were still filling up and quickly all were 100%.

Surely, with 6 new players in first 11, I would almost be starting from scratch tactically, as players would need time to blend and the new players would need to start to learn the team formation. So why are the bars filling to all being 100%, and not going back right down (as the players blend and learn formation) then they would slowly fill again ?

Should we ignore the Match Preparation bars when taking into consideration the time and number of matches it would take for the team to be totally comfortable with the system ?

• Administrators

It's difficult to say for certain, personally I agree, it should take a long period of time for the players to have that level of chemistry. I'd imagine their adaptability would be taken into account, but even then as you say a handful of games shouldn't quite be enough. What was your previous formation and what is the new one? What about the style, were you playing a similar style/tempo/width before? Or was it say long ball before and short neat passing now? I'd be interested to hear how large the changes are. Thanks.

The formation that was being played before I arrived at club was a standard 4-4-2, that nearly every team plays in the Mexican Promotion League.

When I arrived, I switched to an attacking 4-5-1 consisting of:

A Back 4

3 Central Midfielders

An AML & AMR

1 striker

I cant say what tempo, style etc was of the previous CPU controlled 4-4-2 because it was before I joined, but as I say, every team in the Mexican Promotion League seems to play it.

My formation is quite Press oriented with mainly Man marking in Midfield, Slightly Below Average Tempo, Disciplined creativity and no Roaming.

Mainly a Balanced Philosophy & mainly Standard Strategy.

I was playing this 4-5-1 before the new players arrived and still play it, so I havent actually changed while Ive been at the club, but I was surprised that when I brought the 6 new players in, the Match Prep bars didnt decrease but seemed to carry on rising, as if the new players knew the formation as well as the others that had been using it the previous 10 weeks.

I would say when new players are bought, the Match Prep bars should go down accordingly to simulate a lesser team understanding of the formation, style, tempo etc.

My formation is quite Press oriented with mainly Man marking in Midfield, Slightly Below Average Tempo, Disciplined creativity and no Roaming.

Mainly a Balanced Philosophy & mainly Standard Strategy.

I have played pretty much identical strategy every match, hardly any tinkering, which might also help explain it.

but I was surprised that when I brought the 6 new players in, the Match Prep bars didnt decrease but seemed to carry on rising, as if the new players knew the formation as well as the others that had been using it the previous 10 weeks.

I would say that is a problem though

Archived