How often is it fine to give players days off training?

This is a feature I've never used before, but recently I've been doing it the day after matches, if I have another match in about 3 days that I need my first team to play.

It works well but I don't want to do it TOO much in case it starts to affect training results

after a game, you simply go to your training. Pick the trainign schedule(goalkeepers, defenders etc) then set them all to Rest - 1,2,3 days etc.

Or click the date at the top of your screen (the day after a game) - rest players.

I give them every match to be honest(except the ones that only played like 45 minutes or center backs sometimes)

It's better to keep them fresh even if the slows training a little bit than to risk injuries with low condition in my opinion.

I regularly do it too.

Right after I play a match, I give the 5-6 players who got really tired (Very low condition) a 1-day or sometimes even 2-day rest if they are key players and we have another game in 3-4 days so they can recover better in time.

I've had to do this considering how thin my squad is and lack of depth for some positions like left-back in particular. Not sure just how much faster they recover thanks to 'rest' than normal training though, that's something I'd be interested to know.

Is there a motivation-aspect to giving players a day off or is it solely for them to recover from a tough game?

Doesn't do anything for morale - it's just to get those percentages back up.

Big difference between 95% and 91%.

I will give this a try!! never knew this function before.

select the players you want to rest in the squad screen (hold ctrl or shift to select more than one) - right click - squad - training - rest - x days

select the players you want to rest in the squad screen (hold ctrl or shift to select more than one) - right click - squad - training - rest - x days
will give

cheers laz!! will give this a quick try now after the next match

Depending on the time between games & the players condition it varies but I use it alot. There is a difference between starting out at 91 - 93% compared to 97 - 100% condition. If a player is below 80% and a game is in 3/4 days he probably won't train, 80 - 88% 2 days rest, the first teamers who played and are above 88/89% maybe 1 day. Through christmas my team has a lot of rest, and whenever fixtures pile up, there is a squad there to be used for rotation, but when a striker is on a scoring streak you don't want to drop him and playing him at 85% condition will likely see his run end, or him get injured anyway.

I very rarely give my team rest from training, I do however rotate them out of a game if they appear winded. I see it as a golden opportunity to give my younger players some first team playing time. If the fixtures get really dense and heavy I might give them a day off in between. And I don't have an issue rotating out a striker on a scoring streak with my current team either as I got 4 of them that usually scores for fun, have no idea why as none of them is anything exceptional, but I'm not complaining.

Do you guys note that the players recover faster if they got a day off? do you note the difference without days off and with days off?

In many cases I have losts of players ending games with less then 50% :( is hard when you play low leagues and have 2 or 3 games per week :(

I generally don't give time off unless a player is jaded. I've found that it can have adverse effects on less professional players training and attributes. I generally prefer good old fashioned rotation to resting players from training.

I never give them a day off, I'm paying them enough money and I never get a day off!

I've never given my players a day of either and it doesn't seem to have effected them. I just won the Europa League and the premier league with Liverpool and in the process got to 19 league titles before Man U so I am well pleased about that!

I think though that next season I might try giving them a day off hear & there to see if it makes any difference good or bad.

Do you guys note that the players recover faster if they got a day off? do you note the difference without days off and with days off?

In many cases I have losts of players ending games with less then 50% :( is hard when you play low leagues and have 2 or 3 games per week :(

The recovery rate is indeed much higher if you give players time off training. You can see players go from being 60/70% to being back into the 90%+ bracket in 3/4 days with a couple of days off training. It was at lower levels where I had huge success making use of time resting players, at that level being fitter than the opponents goes a hell of a long way. Seeing even after 20/30 minutes into a match your team already being up 10% on conditioning helps massively.

The recovery rate is indeed much higher if you give players time off training. You can see players go from being 60/70% to being back into the 90%+ bracket in 3/4 days with a couple of days off training. It was at lower levels where I had huge success making use of time resting players, at that level being fitter than the opponents goes a hell of a long way. Seeing even after 20/30 minutes into a match your team already being up 10% on conditioning helps massively.

Yap! i think many times that is the difference between haveing sucess or fail. thanks ;)

Archived