Finding New Wonderkids?

Im really having problems finding potential good/wonderkid youth regens. I am in my first season with Tottenham, almost done with the EPL season. I had some give me a few tips on here for finding good youth players, but I still cant find any about 2 1/2 to 3 star potential. I have 9 scouts. Any more help is appreciated??

Sometimes there just aren't any great regens. I've really struggled to find any in three seasons.

I often scout higher reputation nations and set the scout to not look for anybody over 18.

Im in season 2017/2018 and ive currently got 3 wonderkids in my team. One lethal striker who is only 20 and finished last season on 40 league goals. Things will only get better.

Ive had these since they were 16/17 though and they werent wonderkids when I bought them.

My scouts found all of them, I bought them, realised their potential. Give them time in the team, even if its 20 mins at the end of a match. They have now all turned into wonderkids. I have the new batch in too, so hoping one or two of them will turn into wonderkids.

Manuel Rocha

Mateusz Malinowski

Olivier Sabotic

Rocha and Malinowski are actually keeping Bale outta the team.

Just make sure you send your scouts out to roam all the different regions, particularly in Europe, and eventually they will unearth a few gems. Just need a little patience.

Or take matters into your own hands and look at every club's youth / reserve teams. This may take a while.

What i often find useful is to look at international teams and see if they have any young players in their first team, or U21s.

Found a great 17 year old in South Africas First team

Also as the game progresses i always look at Castilla, which is Real Madrids reserve team. Bought a kid from them for 1 million, he is now my best player worth 24million, and regularly scores 20+ goals a season.

Is there a list on when new regens are brought into the game? I know in England it is usually around June 25th. What about other countries?

Here ya go!

Argentina 1st August

Barbados 19th September

Belarus 10th February

Belgium 29th June

Brazil 2nd January

Bulgaria 29th June

Chile 1st January

Colombia 10th January

Croatia 18th June

Czech Republic 28th June

Denmark 5th July

England 25th June

Finland 7th January

France 20th June

Germany 20th June

Greece 19th June

Holland 7th July

Hungary 19th June

Iceland 5th January

Ireland 5th January

Israel Date Needed

Italy 30th June

Mexico 20th July

N. Ireland 29th April

Norway 18th January

Peru 29th January

Poland 28th June

Portugal 20th June

Romania Date Needed

Russia 26th December

Serbia 9th July

Slovakia 28th June

Slovenia 28th June

Spain 10th July

Sweden 25th December

Switzerland 18th June

Trinidad & Tobago 19th September

Turkey 19th June

Ukraine 18th June

USA 26th December

Uraguay 1st August

Wales 18th June

Boyd, this is the list I use.

http://www.aidtheboss.com/football-manager-2011-regen-dates/

It's pretty much any nations regen dates that you'd need, + a load you probably won't need. They're right, you won't see many regen dates. Someone may be able to confirm or correct me but I'm pretty sure if you start at a club in England, no regens will be added into the game until your second season regardless of nation and their time of year.

The way I look for new talent is by the regen list, and this is how...

1. Say for instance Brazil's regen date is Jan 2nd. On that date (or any day after to make sure you pass the time of day for it), type Brazil into the search bar.

2. In the Nation information screen there's a major club list at the bottom left. Click the bit that says 'View all clubs'.

3. Look at the first club on the list (for non-selected leagues the regens will be in the first team, except Germany for some reason), sort by age, ctrl+leftclick all the players that have YTH next their name (or any fairly young), then select a scout to give you a report card (should give enough of a ball park star rating).

4. Repeat this for all clubs.

If that league isn't selected then there shouldn't be too many players to scout at all and you'll pick up some great talent. The best players I've found tend to come from Holland, Argentina, and Brazil. But I've found some randomly from the likes of China, and even South Africa.

I do the same thing for my selected leagues' U20s U18s etc, except only for players who are £100-£200k+ as this is an indication of how highly thought of they are.

The next season it could become harder to highlight regens & the ones already scouted, so simply edit current view to included your main scout report in the squad list, that way you'll know who you've looked at before.

Hope that's helped!

Archived