Angered, seemed confused

Disclaimer: I use FM with italian localization, so I could make translation mistakes.

Sometimens I got this feeback when I use the "Continue to play well" comment in half time team talk or "Why don't you play always in such a way?" in full time team talk.

Yesterday I got same feedback after last game of preseason (I'm currently managing Newcastle Utd)

newcastleunitedfootball.th.jpg

sidneiloborapportieffet.th.jpg

My comment was "Play in such a away also during official games" or somthing similar (besides translation mistakes there is also a "memory" issue).

I could use "Well done" comment but I would like to use it with caution to let it work properly. I think it's not a good idea to misuse it.

Why did my player react in such a way?

Your translations are close enough to be clear, so no worries there.

What was the result in the last game? I would think that the issue is either that;

A) You told them to play like that every game in the match before that, so they want some praise this time.

B) They don't think they played well, so they don't want your praise.

C) They felt they played well enough to deserve a well done.

D) Your opponent was of a much lower quality than you would find in the Premiership, so they don't think the comment is relevant.

I won against Valencia FC in last game with a good performance.

I think the C) option is the right one.

A) is not the case since I used "Well Done" and "Nothing" for previous victories depending on the strength of the opponents.

Archived