Help Finding Good Regens?

On my first save of the game. With Tottenham, just got to January of my first year. Any tips on finding regens around the world? Im pretty new to the game and really diving into this save. Just wondering if there is any process of finding regens & wonderkids in January/July during the Premier League transfer window. Thanks for the help!

I just send my scouts to roam different regions scouting for any kind of player but i'll also check out international youth squads or if you want to be really thorough you could go to the player search screen and search for all players that are say 17 or 18 and younger and scout all of them down to the players with values slightly lower than 1m. Thats very time consuming to filter through so many scout reports but it can be worth it.

I have a few occasions when I'll go youth-hunting - first, when my academy regens come through, I look for the others who have appeared across my country. A couple of weeks before the season begins I do another search to see what I can find across the continent, while a third hunt in the January window sweeps the rest of the world. My scouts are generally canvassing the world all year round to build up our knowledge, while feeder club links adds just that little bit more.

I open player search, limit it to players aged 16 or younger, and then sort them by key attributes. Usually (one at a time) Handling, Tackling, Passing, Long Shots, Free Kicks, Finishing, Crossing, Dribbling and anything else that you might rate as being a useful technical skill. From the list, it's often not difficult to see who is worth having a look at. For goalkeepers, if their reflexes are low, I won't even bother looking at them. Defenders, I want to see a reasonable marking ability, as well as acceptable pace and strength. Being good at crossing is no use if you can't dribble.

When you do take a look at a player, you want their stats to be distributed evenly. 11s and 12s spread evenly across technical is better than spikes of 18 surrounded by 4s and 5s. Physical stats are less important, but they are worth looking at. Lastly, the mental stats. You can train a player to improve mentally with the right coaching and tutoring, but if you find a kid who already looks as intelligent as a 35 year old warhorse, sign him up.

Value isn't everything. I signed a defensive midfielder from Grimsby for £26k. 3 seasons on, he's a lynchpin of my midfield and has the big 3 showing their interest.

The key to finding good newgens (or regens if you will) is to look for 3,5* or better PA with 1*CA players then check Determination, Work Rate, Team Work, Decisions, Creativity, Concentration, Composure, Anticipation and if those are satisfactory, if he has a Determined, Ambitious or Professional personality, sign him pronto.

There is a thread in this forum somewhere showing when each nation has newgens generated.

After a while (3-4 seasons), your scouts will find newgens which are amazing after only 1-3 seasons in their original club. Ready-made so to speak.

You can usually tell their Potential Ability from their price. If they'r age are 15-or 18 and they are close or more from the million mark then they'r likely to have a high potential.

You could use FMRT if you want to cheat but I won't recommend it because you'll feel pretty bored afterward ;).

Archived