Quadruple!!!!!!!!

For the first time ever of playing FM and the old CM games I have managed to do the quadruple. Did it while in my 2nd season at Man Utd. Admittedly I did spent alot of money on bringing in the likes of Gareth Bale, Thomas Muller, Paulo Henrique, Phil Jones etc, but I feel it's still a massive achievement especially given that I broke barca's recent european dominance.

Why would you spend so much money when you're deep in debt? I had a quadruple once with Man Utd using almost the same squad as current (Frey replaced VDS, Shawcross replaced Ferdinand) and the good old 4-4-2 formation.

good work there for sure but can you defend them all next season ? In the past in the 1 season I won the EPL title, FA/League Cup, European Champions League, European Supercup, Charity Shield & Club World Championship. That's 7 cups/trophies in the 1 season. Now doing that on a regular basis would be really hard word no matter if you cheat or not.

If you include the World Cup/European Championships/Confederations Cup also, then even better effort.

good work there for sure but can you defend them all next season ? In the past in the 1 season I won the EPL title, FA/League Cup, European Champions League, European Supercup, Charity Shield & Club World Championship. That's 7 cups/trophies in the 1 season. Now doing that on a regular basis would be really hard word no matter if you cheat or not.

If you include the World Cup/European Championships/Confederations Cup also, then even better effort.

I did Serie A, Italian Cup, Super Cup, Euro Super Cup and Champions League in one season. In my repeat season, I lost the European Supercup and got knocked out in the QF of the Italian Cup but went on to win the Club World Championship. Not wrong about it being really hard to do consistent repeats :(

good work there for sure but can you defend them all next season ?

It's so difficult. You need such a big squad to deal with the number of games, and you need them all to be motivated every game. Everything needs to click perfectly. I only managed to defend two or three of them. The Champions League is fiendishly difficult, while everyone showed inexplicable levels of complacency in the CWC.

It's so difficult. You need such a big squad to deal with the number of games, and you need them all to be motivated every game. Everything needs to click perfectly. I only managed to defend two or three of them. The Champions League is fiendishly difficult, while everyone showed inexplicable levels of complacency in the CWC.

I found it the other way around for me, at least in parts. My team is still getting to grips with the top tier of club football and with the low reputation comes the handy "plays out of their skin against high reputation clubs". Playing against slightly rubbish opponents in the CWC was where I almost came undone. 2-1 ET win (admittedly with my squad players rather than starters) in the SF followed by a 9-1 victory in the final against Independiente or whatever their name is. Same problem I had in the Italian Cup, lost to Reggina who had been relegated to Serie B :( Stupid complacent players!

Why would you spend so much money when you're deep in debt? I had a quadruple once with Man Utd using almost the same squad as current (Frey replaced VDS, Shawcross replaced Ferdinand) and the good old 4-4-2 formation.

I was given a massive transfer budget when I took the job. Also I think they've got a bank loan till about June 2017 so the debt is going down. A couple of seasons later now that I got the set up the way I like with the team I can focus on bringing through youth players.

I agree that the Champions League is difficult (especially at the 1/4 final stage) I've been far away the best team domestically. I was lucky that Messi missed the final though I still deserved to win. I've won the FA Cup twice, League Cup once, Premier League twice so I don't really have a great deal of competition which can make it a little boring sometimes. Also I make the most out of my squad by giving squad players plenty of playing time throughout the season.

Great! Now try with a smaller club with less money...

In the words of Barney Stinson from How I met your Mother...."Challenge Accepted." When I start my next save, which might be a while since I'm really enjoying my current one.

Im on course to do it with Spurs this season, won loads of trophies last season. Now that I think about it I have done more, two years ago I got the EPL, Champions League, Charity Shield, Fa cup, Club world Championships so thats five but maybe two of them dont count.

Archived