What about ACTUAL Touchline "Shouts"?

Isn't it strange?

We have plenty of tactical shouts, but we're probably missing the most basic ones...

"Come on!"

"Get a hold of yourself"

"Oh FFS are you kidding me?"

Basically we need "in-game" team talks... Partly because pre-match and half-time team talks seem to have too big of an impact on the players' performances and picking the wrong one can lose you a match for good, partly because it just makes sense having the chance to give non-tactical inputs to your players...

If the whole team is overconfident and is struggling to produce anything against a weaker opponent, they might need a hairdryer treatment LONG BEFORE HALF-TIME, or, if it's the second half, BEFORE THE MATCH IS OVER (and lost!).

If they are nervous or ill-discipined for no actual reason, some reassuring words from the touchline might help.

If they are doing well but somehow the result doesn't reflect that, it's a good idea encouraging them

As the morale dynamics work now, once you click "continue" and confirm the team talk, there's nothing you can do for the players attitude, so it's all down to the in-match events...

This is clearly not enough, and it means the human manager is at the mercy of FM's "morale module", for better or (more often) for worse.

Individual shouts is the way to go for FM12. I want to shout at my player who's just picked up a yellow card to calm down, or to my player my assman has flagged as complacent to pull his finger out and so on.

This = :thup:

(Screeching death threats at a bunch of pixels is not very satisfying.)

Individual shouts is the way to go for FM12. I want to shout at my player who's just picked up a yellow card to calm down, or to my player my assman has flagged as complacent to pull his finger out and so on.

Absolutely. The number of times you've had players get carried away in tackles, etc. becomes very frustrating when you can't do anything about it but substitute him off. I really like the idea. That said, being able to shout at specific players could become a really complicated interface and not worth it.

+1

Being able to tell a player to calm down, relax, pull his finger out, keep going or kutgw during a match would be an awesome addition... (I can think of several of my players who would be getting their hair dried from the touchline... :whistle: )

I'd find this very irritating, too much micromanagement

Well no one said that you would have to use it. Not everyone uses opposition instructions and I'm sure that if this was implemented into the game, there would be people who wouldn't use it.

It doesn't mean that it shouldn't be added.

.... well anyway, I mean by offering such a system it would give managers who use it an advantage. This would result in the match engine or the game to have to altered to counteract this. I just think it would be an annoyance and we already have team talks in game.

I just think it would be an annoyance and we already have team talks in game.

But team talks are way too effective AND, so to speak, too monolithic...

Once you click on "Pleased" at half-time and your players inexplicably take it as "don't bother playing in the second half" and the give away a 3 goal lead within the hour mark, you're screwed and there's no way back...

This is unrealistic and frankly frustrating... even moreso considering how much morale and motivation seem to influence the outcome of the match, to the point of mattering MUCH MORE than technical qualities.

Once you click on "Pleased" at half-time and your players inexplicably take it as "don't bother playing in the second half" and the give away a 3 goal lead within the hour mark, you're screwed and there's no way back...

This is unrealistic and frankly frustrating... even moreso considering how much morale and motivation seem to influence the outcome of the match, to the point of mattering MUCH MORE than technical qualities.

My players just played out of their skin after a "pleased" at half-time when we were leading 3-0, you must be doing something wrong ;) (we won 6-0)

Just simply not true, you just need to use pleased at the right times.

Great idea! It would be wonderful to motivate the team during all match, not only before and between halfs. Since players' morale is very important in the game team talks are not enough. I even would like to motivate my players during match preparation, not just before the match. And motivating shouts during the match can sometimes save the game.

Just simply not true, you just need to use pleased at the right times.

Oh god...

REGARDLESS of personal experiences with teamtalks, is it so unrealistic wanting to be able to "shout" at our players when/if they aren't reacting in the right way to whatever teamtalk we used?

Oh god...

REGARDLESS of personal experiences with teamtalks, is it so unrealistic wanting to be able to "shout" at our players when/if they aren't reacting in the right way to whatever teamtalk we used?

wouldn't shouting at them because you said the wrong thing make things worse?

wouldn't shouting at them because you said the wrong thing make things worse?

Shouting doesn't necessarily mean berating them... It could also be encouragement or reassurance...

Crud, why is it always about "someone being wrong"?

(and even so, why not having a realistic chance to make things right?)

Actually the effect of team talks has been greatly reduced in this version of FM compared to previous ones.

Wwfan posted this in another thread, he clearly knows a hell of a lot more about the workings of FM than probably all of us forum posters combined,

"It needs to be noted that motivational effects on player performance have been significantly tuned down over the last few FMs. As such, team talks are nowhere near as important as they used to be and have far less of an impact.

What is happening is this:

1: Historically, it was relatively easy to design a super tactic that enabled the user to win without really focusing on any other aspect of the game. Diablo was the most famous, but each version had a plug n play tactic that enabled user teams to win even when they were playing badly. This worked by the tactic exploiting holes in the ME that the AI couldn't defend, so chances were guaranteed no matter how badly the user players were playing. It didn't matter how motivated they were or how badly they were playing as they would still create chances in and around these holes.

2: In FM09, the arrows were removed, which stopped one form of exploit. Although motivation actually had less effect, it appeared it was more important, as user teams couldn't bamboozle the AI through player runs.

3: In FM10, the tactic logic for AI teams changed, which was the first step in making them more robust. Consequently, a second level of exploit was closed, which again knocked on to players needing to play well in order for the team to win.

4: As a result of building on this new logic in FM11, all the remaining holes in the ME have been pretty much closed off. It is now impossible to dominate through any specific style and each formation / strategy has stengths and weaknesses. You cannot dominate through the centre and rely on through balls splittign the DCs. You can't use flying wingers to skin the FB all the time. A knock on is that your team needs to be playing well to win as it can't create 'by default' chances through any hole or exploit.

The key for enjoying FM is to work out how to take the best advantage of your team playing well (extend a steak) and how to win / get a result when they are playing badly (prevent / arrest a slump). No matter what you do in team talks and player interaction, at some point in the season your team will have an off day. The important thing is workign out how to deal with that.

And here's the thing. The answer is not team talks. The answer is tactics and team talks. You need to have the tacticaly savvy to prevent your team going in at half time with the match already lost, or to get other players in goalscoring positions when your FC isn't firing to take advantage of the chances you are creating and avoid player frustration (which 'one shot, one goal' loss). You can then use the half time team talk to ensure your players play better in the second half or the full time team talk to let them know that type of performance isn't acceptable. If you make all the right decisions, you will exit the game with a tight win and a team fired up for the next match. If, however, you just assume a good team talk in itself is causing all the issues, you will suffer as you have no tactical method of helping a team playigng badly get a result.

For what it is worth, I agree with Ackter that team talk meanings in the game are too abstract. There's also a feeling that the team talk is simply the few words mentioned, rather than a tone supporting your strategic approach to the game. This second element (how team talks and strategy interact in match preparation) is fundamentally missing from FM and is a major weakness that prevents users from quickly getting to grips with how things work. "

I would seriously re-read that post everytime you think the team talks are your problem.

Oh god...

I wasn't disputing that, calm down will you? I'm all for having more options with team talks and individual shouts should be a great option as well.

Was simplying saying that using pleased isn't a deadly trap as you were stating on your post.

I wasn't disputing that, calm down will you? I'm all for having more options with team talks and individual shouts should be a great option as well.

Was simplying saying that using pleased isn't a deadly trap as you were stating on your post.

It was ALWAYS terrible in FM11.2 and back to 10.0 (don't remember FM09). Now it is almost always good. Could lead to overconfidence in some squads, though.

It was ALWAYS terrible in FM11.2 and back to 10.0 (don't remember FM09). Now it is almost always good. Could lead to overconfidence in some squads, though.

no it wasnt at all, i have used pleased at half time since release day without any problems at all, dont sensationalise things.

no it wasnt at all, i have used pleased at half time since release day without any problems at all, dont sensationalise things.

shouldnt you, be following your own advice, about sensationalising things.?

perhaps you should take a look at rbkalles and P. handy´s suggestions, as they seem.. oh heres the big word... drums please.. REALISTIC.. instead of rushing to the defence of the game. again.

shouldnt you be following, your own advice about sensationalising things.?

perhaps you should take a look at rbkalles and P. handy´s suggestions, as they seem.. oh heres the big word... drums please.. REALISTIC.. instead of rushing to the defence of the game. again.

are you sure you understand what sensationalising means?

I never did that at all, i mearly said I have used that team talk since day one with no issues, i didnt say every single person was the same, whereas he claimed that team talk has never worked since FM10.

are you sure you understand what sensationalising means?

I never did that at all, i mearly said I have used that team talk since day one with no issues, i didnt say every single person was the same, whereas he claimed that team talk has never worked since FM10.

are you sure, you know the meaning, of the word hypocrite ?

you dont want others to sensatoinalize things, and yet you are doing the exact same, sensationalising the entire game.

are you sure, you know the meaning, of the word hypocrite ?

you dont want others to sensatoinalize things, and yet you are doing the exact same, sensationalising the entire game.

You don't understand the word obviously... also you use too much commas.

Team talks are fine it is your tactics and such like blah blah blah.

You don't understand the word obviously... also you use too much commas.

Team talks are fine it is your tactics and such like blah blah blah.

milners long lost brother/lover i assume.?

i understand the word perfectly and milner is being a hypocrite.

on numerous occasions he has claimed, there is nothing wrong, here is my proof and out comes a weak example, he himself has experienced. You get the sense he thinks its a flawless game, or close to and therefore he too sensationalizes some aspects. just like a person who claims, Teamtalks havent worked properly in ages.

I don't get your argument, he said the pleased team talk has not worked since FM10 came out, it has, he was wrong and sensationalising things to make his statement seem true, what i said is actually the truth, and in no way am i sensationalising anything, again i dont think you really understand what the word means. Actually read what's been written rather than trying to jump down my throat instantly because you haven't liked my previous posts.

now can we get back onto the topic, unless you want to discuss me more?

milners long lost brother/lover i assume.?

i understand the word perfectly and milner is being a hypocrite.

on numerous occasions he has claimed, there is nothing wrong, here is my proof and out comes a weak example, he himself has experienced. You get the sense he thinks its a flawless game, or close to and therefore he too sensationalizes some aspects. just like a person who claims, Teamtalks havent worked properly in ages.

Oh dear. Right first of all you do use too much commas why punctuate so much if you can't follow other basic English skills such as capital letters at the start of every sentence.

Also me pointing out that he was correct that you are unable to use the word correctly and continue to prove so with your explanation doesn't mean that I am backing him for the sake of it rather I am backing him because he is right.

Also for future reference http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sensationalism+definition

jumping down your throat is megafans thing.

my point is, you should not be telling other people, not to sensationalize/exaggerate things, when you´ve done so yourself on so many occasions. Perhaps not in this thread, but in many others.

jumping down your throat is megafans thing.

my point is, you should not be telling other people, not to sensationalize/exaggerate things, when you´ve done so yourself on so many occasions. Perhaps not in this thread, but in many others.

Claim he exaggerates things in this thread then cannot provide evidence that he does so. Follows up with but he does in other threads!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111

You are a genius.

Oh dear. Right first of all you do use too much commas why punctuate so much if you can't follow other basic English skills such as capital letters at the start of every sentence.

Also me pointing out that he was correct that you are unable to use the word correctly and continue to prove so with your explanation doesn't mean that I am backing him for the sake of it rather I am backing him because he is right.

Also for future reference http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sensationalism+definition

your missing some ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

nope you are still wrong, as i was not using this thread, as a basis for my argument.

nope you are still wrong, as i was not using this thread, as a basis for my argument.

So you were randomly attacking him based on other threads in this thread?

Anyway I have been wrong about nothing you are just an imbecile.

Claim he exaggerates things in this thread then cannot provide evidence that he does so. Follows up with but he does in other threads!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111

You are a genius.

so now its getting through and you´ve finally figured it out, that i was referring to his general post history.

lmao.. why the hell would i need evidence, when milner being a fanboy, reallæy isnt a secret.

So you were randomly attacking him based on other threads in this thread?

Anyway I have been wrong about nothing you are just an imbecile.

shouldnt you be (jumping) down milners throat.

sure im attacking him, for his hypocritical behaviour. Post history is valid in this context.

you didnt grasp my argument, and yet im the "genius" and imbecile.. hehe.. brilliant

so now its getting through and you´ve finally figured it out, that i was referring to his general post history.

lmao.. why the hell would i need evidence, when milner being a fanboy, reallæy isnt a secret.

I just assumed you would have settled your differences by blocking him if it was an issue you had with him over multiple threads.

If the game is so bad why do you even post on these boards?

Also to say he likes to sensationalise things but providing no evidence is ridiculous, but then again most of your posts are.

So in one post this thread is your example, in another your not talking about this thread at all. What a great example of me sensationalising things you have there.

Seriously tho, can we move on and get back on topic.

shouldnt you be (jumping) down milners throat.

sure im attacking him, for his hypocritical behaviour. Post history is valid in this context.

you didnt grasp my argument, and yet im the "genius" and imbecile.. hehe.. brilliant

Why did you put brackets round jumping?

Why did you put brackets round jumping?

so you completely misunderstood the basis of my argument, jumped out of milners throat or ass, with a really blurry vision. then continued to claim you were right and now your backtracking, quicker then you moms vagina. i love it, just admit you were wrong and ill stop schooling you.

so you completely misunderstood the basis of my argument, jumped out of milners throat or ass, with a really blurry vision then continued to claim you were right and now your backtracking, quicker then you moms vagina. i love it, just admit you were wring and ill stop schooling you.

Oh dear lord. At no point have I ever been wrong, care to provide some examples in this thread. Second of all the fact you keep trying to get personel indicates how poor the basis of your arguement is. Finally I hope English is a second language for you.

EDIT: As a final note may I point out you never admitted to not knowing what sensationalism was. Why don't you admit that?

Oh dear lord. At no point have I ever been wrong, care to provide some examples in this thread. Second of all the fact you keep trying to get personel indicates how poor the basis of your arguement is. Finally I hope English is a second language for you.

EDIT: As a final note may I point out you never admitted to not knowing what sensationalism was. Why don't you admit that?

personel.. like calling others imbecile.. lmao.. goddamn you are stupid..!

you tried to act like a teacher, got it all completely wrong and ended up being schooled yourself. Priceless.

personel.. like calling others imbecile.. lmao.. goddamn you are stupid..!

you tried to act like a teacher, got it all completely wrong and ended up being schooled yourself. Priceless.

Yet you provide no evidence of me being wrong. Although you do manage to provide plenty of evidence of being an imbecile.

Yet you provide no evidence of me being wrong. Although you do manage to provide plenty of evidence of being an imbecile.

mommy´s vagina is still backtracking i see. No wonder, when youve been proved wrong and got badly schooled, by someone you claim to an imbecile.. lmao..

Archived