is it a fixture problem

Is it just me or is the fixture in the leagues just way to dense and unreal?

I have in the French ligue 1 multiple periods (about every two weeks) of 4 matches being played in a 2 weeks time, which means literally every 3 days a new match.

I am competing at multiple competitons (league, Europa league, french cup) but are the fixtures really this dense in real life? I've been doing some research about the top french teams' fixtures and I can't say that I've came across similar patterns...

Well a season is normally around 38/39 weeks long and within that you need to fit 38 league games + cup matches + European matches.

If you are competing in several competitions and having success you should be expecting to be play twice a week maybe around half of those weeks.

Well okay, that makes sense, but it doesn't seem realistic that I have to play 3 games in 9 days ONLY in the ligue 1 competition? I would understand if other competitions would come mid-week, but not the league...

Well okay, that makes sense, but it doesn't seem realistic that I have to play 3 games in 9 days ONLY in the ligue 1 competition? I would understand if other competitions would come mid-week, but not the league...

Why not?

Thats two normal weekend matches + one mid-week one. What stage of the season are you at? How much success did you have in the cups/Europe?

Besides that one thing I missed off my other post was Internationals - Possibly five groups of dates during the season meaning your 38/39 week season is reduced straight away to 33/34 weeks.

Archived