Europe Qualification spots

I'm in the Italian league 4 teams qual for CL and 3 teams qual for Euro. So it has been for seasons, nothing changed here.

Milan finished 8th in the league but won the CL and so qualified for the CL. So did 1st, 2nd and 3rd while 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th qualified for Euro.

My question is:

Shouldn't the 4 best placed teams qualify for CL as well as the CL winner and 5th-7th placed qualify for Euro?

To me it's weird that Italy should get an extra Euro place because an Italian team won the CL. And Roma, who finished 4th, must feel pretty ****ed of Milans European CL success. They rightfully qualified for the CL but has been moved to Euro so Milan could defend their CL trophy. Doesn't make sense to me...

Thats the rules, no country can have more than 4 qualifiers in the champs league. the rules changed after liverpool won in 2005 but finished 5th, iirc i think they played a pre qualifier with TNS of Wales to get into the 1st qualifying round of the champs league

Ok, wasn't aware of that change. But a bit strange Roma are punished for Milans European success, imo.

In my game all 4 CL qualified teams are directly in the group stage according to season summary.

No country is allowed to have more than 4 CL entries. Defending champions enter the group stage directly. They do so at the expense of the fourth place team if they don't finish in the top 4.

That's the way it is.

Archived