Is playing youngsters beneficial even if they get smashed say 5-0 every game?

Basically I'm on the verge of relegation and i really don't see me turning it round... So i was thinking of maybe just playing my youngsters... but even my first team is currently getting hammered, so i was wondering if its harmful to play developing players, even if they get drubbed every-time?

serieasmallupload.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Physically and technically, yes.

Mentally... Is a trickier issue. It will certainly make or break them. Either you'll utterly destroy them into nervous wrecks, or you'll make them into the toughest, most resilient players ever.

Whilst the best way to develop youngsters is to give them first team experience, throwing them into the deep end and having them mauled can be dispiriting and hamper their progress. IF you decide to play them, for goodness sake give them the 'no pressure' pre-match team talk, and take all pressure off them at half- and full-time.

I find players develop better when playing against good sides and playing well. If you keep playing them and they're struggling, it would proabably do more harm than good.

Still a chance to survive there mate. What I would do is introduce your better youngsters into the match day squad, but as soon as you are relegated bring in wholesale changes, and get rid of your overpayed losers :p

Archived