Is reputation implemented in the game ahead of form?

I was wondering whether, bad players from star performers leads them to being dropped from the team, for instance irl Torres has been a sub quite often recently because of his poor form, just like Dzeko at City. However in FM, in my Bayern save Raul spent so many games at Schalke without scoring but still found himself in the starting line up every game when he was fit, in this case it doesnt look like form matters.

If form is not taken into consideration, it should be because that is more realistic. Does anyone know of anyone major in their save on another team who has ever seen a major player dropped because of poor form?

Balotelli is the obvious answer, though that could be down to his attitude as much as anything else.

He got dropped because Dzeko and Tevez have higher rep and CA than him. You should consider the CA in as well because AI manager don't pick based on reputation alone.

Why wouldn't you play your best players? So a striker goes on a drought... not playing them is hardly likely to get them out of it is it? Drop them into a deeper role, have them playing as a support striker, they'll still play well and provide goals through assists which increases their confidence...

My 'best' striker just recently broke his duck for the season (816mins) which was his first goal since the one that broke his previous 1600+ minute drought... interestingly, he actually got man-of-the-match in the previous game (3 assists).. oh, and he has since scored 4 in 3 whilst providing 5 in 4 ;)

Basically, just because a striker isn't scoring doesn't mean he isn't working for the team and "putting a shift in" so it would be unfair to drop him for "poor form". I don't know if the AI takes into account the player's overall performance but I do and I will play my strikers if they aren't scoring providing they are working hard for the team...

The AI managers don't sign players who fit their tactics, don't consider attributes at all, don't rotate at all (even with 20 in rotation - I checked), hardly ever let their youngsters try their luck in the starting eleven, hardly ever sign players that strengthen their team, never consider performance, morale or motivation, never gets rid of deadwood, never consider player condition or slightly-injured status when picking the match squad... and basically just go around being awful.

I hope that is SI's main focus going forward with the game.

Archived