The Newcastle Utd syndrome

OK, I support Man City and us and NUFC have the same recent under achieving history but last night for the first time ever I wanted Man Ure to stuff them. I think the treatment of Allardyce was shocking verging on suicidal. What are the options:

a/another "Allardyce type" if they can find one whos interested

b/ The Shearer option (he is NOT a manager!!!)

c/ Keegan (the man who admits he is not up to modern Prem management)

d/ a Mourinho type - nice idea, manager superstar but he was "sacked" for playing "boring" football!

So what is boring football?

1/ a team that wins every game 1-0 wins every comp they enter

2/ a team that loses every game 4-3 get relegated!

I watched Sky's Sunday Supplement today and the consensus on one side seemed to suggest that losing high scoring games is fine - its not, and the fans wont swallow that for long either.

To sum up NUFC club are reaping everything they sowed - but the fans DO NOT deserve it!

OK, I support Man City and us and NUFC have the same recent under achieving history but last night for the first time ever I wanted Man Ure to stuff them. I think the treatment of Allardyce was shocking verging on suicidal. What are the options:

a/another "Allardyce type" if they can find one whos interested

b/ The Shearer option (he is NOT a manager!!!)

c/ Keegan (the man who admits he is not up to modern Prem management)

d/ a Mourinho type - nice idea, manager superstar but he was "sacked" for playing "boring" football!

So what is boring football?

1/ a team that wins every game 1-0 wins every comp they enter

2/ a team that loses every game 4-3 get relegated!

I watched Sky's Sunday Supplement today and the consensus on one side seemed to suggest that losing high scoring games is fine - its not, and the fans wont swallow that for long either.

To sum up NUFC club are reaping everything they sowed - but the fans DO NOT deserve it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

Pretty sure this belongs in the Off Topic Forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, there's a massive 11 page thread in there about the whole subject. Though tbh, Man City are nowhere near as bad as Newcastle, I actually like Man City's fans. Any team pulling in around 20,000 fans for a home match in the third division deserves respect.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Benjao Harding:

I could just imagine Big Sam sitting in his armchair last night watching that 45 minutes puffing on a big Jimmy Saville like cigar. Serves the club right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe the internet term for Sam's reaction last night is 'PHSL'

As for the above... Keegan wasn't a manager when Newcastle hired him, so why should that rule Shearer out?

Not to mention non-Newcastle examples (Klinsmann, Voller, Van Basten, Kluivert, Donadoni...)

For me, Newcastle United have gone from this great club who's fans and players wear their hearts on their sleeve to a club that has the footballing equivalent of Cancer or AIDS.

No matter who goes there, they will be lambasted at one stage or another and unless everyone associated with that club changes their attitude they will never amount to anything.

im a toon fan its painful but never mind

everytime we sack a manager i'm not happy with the decision

sir Bobby (shouldnt of sacked him)

greame souness (though i dislike him i didnt fnd him that bad at the time)

Glenn Roeder (ive always liked him and didnt want him sacked)

Sam Alladyce (yea i hated his style of football because id rather get relegated and play proper football rather than play dump football/ but hes a good manager)

overall why do they sack there managers!!!! get roeder back! haha maybe not but apart from Sir Bobby and Keegan hes the best 1 out the lot

im liking Nigel Pearson our assistant manager maybe hes the man for the job!!!!!!

See, that's the problem. Sam was going about things the right way, get results first and look into improving the team's style by bringing in players that can do that. The attitude of "We must play attacking football, even if it means losing every game" is what's holding Newcastle back, as well as the attitude of Geordies > everyone else.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Keegan wasn't a manager when Newcastle hired him, so why should that rule Shearer out? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because Shearer isn't qualified. League rules require managers to have their coaching badges and he hasn't got any. I know that Gareth Southgate got away with it but that was an exeption and I believe they have tightened up the rules since then anyway.

The problem with Newcastle is their fans! They seem to think that their club is massive and it isnt. Massive clubs don't go 50+ years without a trophy win. They also seem to think that employing Shearer will solve all their problems. Just because he was a great player does not mean he will be a great manager. Just look at your own club for proof that great players dont necessarily make great managers. Gullit,Souness and even Keegan were all great players but crap managers.

Stuart Pearce on a five year plan to rebuild, not only the squad, but the whole club...almost from zero...

Newcastle have one of the worst squads in EPL.

Newcastle are probably the worst organized team in the EPL.

Newcastle have, for decades, been plundered by Agents, corrupt managers, coaches and scouts...

What Newcastle need right now is a good young British game that can rebuild the club as a whole, not just buy a couple of overpriced underachievers with total lack of discipline and professionalism. But the toughest job for the new management team will be to rebuild Newcastle's reputation, so that they can again attract the good professional minded players.

This precess will take time, Newcastle fans must be prepared for mid-table finishes in the next few years.

All this considered, I think Stuart Pearce is the best man for the job, if he would want it, and I think he would be ideal to kick all the parasites that for years have been feeding off Newcastle. This may be the clubs last chance, remember Leeds. Newcastle fans must be told the truth, either they bring in the full medical team, and be prepared for a long but hopeful recovery, or they prepare themselves for the vultures, that are already hovering above ready to feed off the corpse of another great British institution. I pray they take the long healing process.

In my opinion i blame the fans.

They are living on the dream that they still are a team who should be in europe. When really it was basically a couple of good/Lucky seasons with sir Bobby.

I belive the fans influence on the chairman was the main reason why they sacked big sam.

But why get rid of someone who has had only 8 month in charge? give him at least till the end of the season.

And even when they get in someone else (the options avialable are hilarious) the january transfer window will be done before he gets a chance.

I dont like to rant, or even post on here much but this topic gets me so wound up i felt like i needed to blame some idiots. So i chose the 45,000+ people who sit in them seats at St James every week supporting the biggest joke of a team in england.

icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BillyBoi:

In my opinion i blame the fans.

They are living on the dream that they still are a team who should be in europe. When really it was basically a couple of good/Lucky seasons with sir Bobby.

I belive the fans influence on the chairman was the main reason why they sacked big sam.

But why get rid of someone who has had only 8 month in charge? give him at least till the end of the season.

And even when they get in someone else (the options avialable are hilarious) the january transfer window will be done before he gets a chance.

I dont like to rant, or even post on here much but this topic gets me so wound up i felt like i needed to blame some idiots. So i chose the 45,000+ people who sit in them seats at St James every week supporting the biggest joke of a team in england.

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree about the fans influance... but i also disagree with the decision to sack the guy however he lasted alot longer then I though he would.

Newcastles new owner normally purchases a company and will get rid of the management teams in place and bring his own in, this way he is in control from the outset and knows he getting what he wants.... however in this case he changed his usual instinct and allowed Big Sam to keep his job. Something which he now states he was probably wrong to have done.

Newcastle fans live in a dream world where they think they deserve to be at the top, but having basically won nothing in 40years they are way off target on their ambitions. They need a few years to actually get into shape and they will not get quick success unless a manager comes in and ships in a new team... pretty much Man City Style.

Newcastle have spent as much in recent years as Man United etc and got nothing in return, clear something going wrong... just look at Joey Barton, whose fecking bright idea was it to sign a hooligan!?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I believed Shearer had a UEFA Pro A license? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. He's said on Match of the Day many times that he's still doing his coaching badges.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NorthWolfe CND:

Stuart Pearce on a five year plan to rebuild, not only the squad, but the whole club...almost from zero...

Newcastle have one of the worst squads in EPL.

Newcastle are probably the worst organized team in the EPL.

Newcastle have, for decades, been plundered by Agents, corrupt managers, coaches and scouts...

What Newcastle need right now is a good young British game that can rebuild the club as a whole, not just buy a couple of overpriced underachievers with total lack of discipline and professionalism. But the toughest job for the new management team will be to rebuild Newcastle's reputation, so that they can again attract the good professional minded players.

This precess will take time, Newcastle fans must be prepared for mid-table finishes in the next few years.

All this considered, I think Stuart Pearce is the best man for the job, if he would want it, and I think he would be ideal to kick all the parasites that for years have been feeding off Newcastle. This may be the clubs last chance, remember Leeds. Newcastle fans must be told the truth, either they bring in the full medical team, and be prepared for a long but hopeful recovery, or they prepare themselves for the vultures, that are already hovering above ready to feed off the corpse of another great British institution. I pray they take the long healing process. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone who's a city fan would never wish Stuart Pearce upon anyone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tigerhgrrrrrr:

NUFC have the same recent under achieving history </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When did/Have Newcastle achieved anything?

The EPL's money has given teams dreams and these dreams are pie in the sky. Newcastle are a mediocre side with a lot of money to spend. Thats it.

They never have been a so called big team.

Newcastle fans need to get into the real world (my brother is one, and hasn't got a clue), even my club Norwich have won a major trophy since they have, as have QPR, Luton, Oxford, Coventry etc etc.

Newcastle are only a big club in size of support, in realms of achievement they are very much a small club.

They want Shearer???? Madness, they NEED a proven manager, but until Shearer is given a go (and probably fail), no other bugger will be given a chance.

NUFC are a joke, and until they stop this merry-go-round of sacking managers before they've had a chance, they always will be.

I blame the fans, for being unrealistic in their presuures and expectations!

Anyone who's a city fan would never wish Stuart Pearce upon anyone.

Pearce has come a long way since those days and he has been doing a wonderful job with the young English squads.

That said I am no fundamentalist, it can be any other young, preferably experienced,British Manager. What I think Newcastle kneed is a "back to basics" approach. For that to happen the Manager must have time, know which players to bring in and, most importantly, not have "special relations" with Agents.

As for the City remark, I am a Tottenham fan who happens to like Newcastle and who hates Managers that are in Agents pockets (such as "big Sam"), or is it Agents money in those Managers pockets?

In the state Newcastle is in the best remedy is a hard working, honest Manager; he can't do any worst then the last bunch of carpetbaggers that have been pillaging the club, and filling their pockets, can he?

Big Sam was sacked because Mike Ashley never wanted him as a manager for Newcastle, but still gave him some months to prove him wrong. Sam's trensfers was bad, and if I'd just bought and owned Newcastle and used my peronal money I would sack him too. I would have a person that I hired and trusted my million and billions with.

If Geremi, Rozenhal, Smith and Barton impressed the fans, owners and other fotball-people the story would be different. They haven't. They are investments. Only Faye and Beye have been fairly good buys.

Come on! Giving the armband to Geremi is a really bad call. He made a lot of bad calls during his months at Newcastle. The worst.. to use almost £6m on Barton and trumph his chairman and Mike Ashley, when they didn't want Barton because of his history. Who did!?

I really understand Mike Ashley, but I hope the next manager will be given time no matter what. At least 2-3 years. It's a new ownership and I'll judge them from the next manager-appointment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klamer:

Big Sam was sacked because Mike Ashley never wanted him as a manager for Newcastle, but still gave him some months to prove him wrong. Sam's trensfers was bad, and if I'd just bought and owned Newcastle and used my peronal money I would sack him too. I would have a person that I hired and trusted my million and billions with.

If Geremi, Rozenhal, Smith and Barton impressed the fans, owners and other fotball-people the story would be different. They haven't. They are investments. Only Faye and Beye have been fairly good buys.

Come on! Giving the armband to Geremi is a really bad call. He made a lot of bad calls during his months at Newcastle. The worst.. to use almost £6m on Barton and trumph his chairman and Mike Ashley, when they didn't want Barton because of his history. Who did!?

I really understand Mike Ashley, but I hope the next manager will be given time no matter what. At least 2-3 years. It's a new ownership and I'll judge them from the next manager-appointment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IMT:

PS, thanks for Glenn Roeder, an absolute genius they way he has turned us around from the complete and utter mess that idiot Peter Grant left us in </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It won't last...just take a look at his previous records. He definitely is the man to turn the club around but not long term. In every job he has saved his team from a relegation but right in the next year everythings gone. Roeder's great at training youth players but can't handle the pressure when it's needed!

BTW...FINANCIALLY Newcastle is a massive club and most definitely belongs to TOP4 or 5 in England but they're a big club also in world wide scale. I'm extremely happy that Big Sam got the boot as I was dead bored to his boring style of play.

Archived