Link between youth recruitment and scouting knowledge?

I've noticed that some clubs (usually the big ones) have young players from other countries go straight into their U18 squads at the start of the season, without the player having to be purchased from their country of origin. Is the club's scouting knowledge a factor in determining when this happens, or is it just due to their extensive youth recruitment facilities? Would increasing my scouts knowledge of, say, France, increase the chances of young French players appearing in my U18 squad at the start of the season, or do I just have to keep petitioning my board to improve our youth recruitment?

Having coaches and feeder clubs from other countries is what causes this to happen i think.

On my current Dresden save i signed Alenichev as a coach on my first season and on the second season i got a russian kid from the youth intake.

I think it's more likely to be related to your feeder clubs or your club's 'reach' - obviously Man Utd have a worldwide reputation and reach and so are far more likely to have players from other countries join their youth setups than a team in the BSP...

My scouting system is completely self developed since from 1 scout who I sacked I now have 15 scouts and a 55% worldwide knowledge (climbing). I have scouts from almost every continent, and a lot of my coaching staff are foreign too. Huge amounts of native knowledge for different countries.

Despite this, in about 6 seasons I've only produced 1 kid who had the potential to make my senior team someday, and only 1 foreigner, can't for the life of me remember which nationality.

The reason being, Youth Recruitment decides how far and wide you drag/attract/find players from, and scouting knowledge of each particular nation increases the chances of getting a player from that nation provided it's within your Youth Recruitment reach.

Allegedly LOL

You are extremely lucky if you get a wonderkid through your own ranks - the chance is so low that I doubt that having the best scouting network and the best coach setup and the best youth facilities would make a difference. Maybe it goes from 0.0000003% to 0.0000020% chance, if we are optimistic here...

You are extremely lucky if you get a wonderkid through your own ranks - the chance is so low that I doubt that having the best scouting network and the best coach setup and the best youth facilities would make a difference. Maybe it goes from 0.0000003% to 0.0000020% chance, if we are optimistic here...

True but it's good enough to just have a team of good players imo.

Yes, scouting knowledge definitely affects which nationality players come through.

For example, I have no Icelandic staff or feeders. I do, however, have Nigel Gibbs, who lists Brynjar Gunnarsson as one of his favoured personnel and subsequently has scouting knowledge of Iceland. I have produced Icelandic players.

after about 3-4 seasons australian clubs start producing Aussie/brazilian players. though none of them will ever be braziallian players. I have only ever seen one make the aussie squad. Also some squads seem to have it preprogrammed. melbourne clubs for example produce alot of croatian/aussie crosses.

Archived