What do you do when you are dominating the league and cups?

It depends on how settled I am there.

On FM10, I made CCM the dominant force in Australian and Asian football, but I'd hit the limiter with trying to work under the wage cap. When Spurs came a-calling, I jumped ship and turned them into a world dominant side for the next 15 years, until FM11 came out.

I tend to move on. I've won the Bundesliga 5 years running with Koln and the German Cup 4 years running as well, but I'm determined to get a Champions League with them before leaving. 3 appearances in the final and I'm still waiting, so I may as well try to get to the top of the German Hall Of Fame now. I'll leave once I've achieved that.

I usually attempt to do better than the previous year, more points in the league and win all comps in one season. Also I try to develop young players and turn them into world beaters, so there is always something to do.

I suppose it depends on the definition of dominance, as different people will have different views. For me it would need to be measured over at least 10 years, and I rarely complete 10 seasons these days.

Archived