Amount of staff

Hi,

Im currently managing swansea city in championship and have a few questions about the amount/quality of coaches.

The board say im allowed 6 staff members I assume that means 6 coaches max. i tried asking them for more but was flatly refused.

Im aiming to get my training scehdules sorted so that each of the 9 development areas attacking,defending mental etc have 4 stars rating for each one but finidng it difficult due to only allowed 6 coaches max at the club. I tried giving coaches 2 tasks each however that reduces their stars down to 3 for each training category whereas its 4 stars if they only training one category.

is it actually possible with 6 coaches (which include the gk and youth coaches) to get it so i have 4 star rating for each of 9 training categories or is the only way I can achieve this by recruiting more coaches? (i estimated i would need around 9-10 coaches) to achieve 4 stars in each category)

Im just mainly curious how many coaches u guys have employed at your clubs including the youth coaches?

I currently have Assistant Manager, 1 first team coach, gk coach, 4 coaches

I doubt it is possible to get 4 stars in every category with only 6 coaches. I do not use youth coaches when there are limits like this if you can secure promotion it will obviously go up.

I like to have one coach in each area plus an extra gk and fitness coach to reduce the workload by doing both fitness areas and both gk areas. If I have enough spaces for more coaches I get some with high mental attributes to do all training areas and reduce the workload.

Acidburn where you been mate? Used to have you on msn a while back. I was Crewe_Alex but recently made a new account mate. Im the guy from Australia :p

Crewe going up next season

Excuse me for the off topic chatter

6 coaches in addition to the assistant manager = 7 coaches.

2 Fitness, 2 GK, 1 tactics, 1 defending, 1 attacking, 1 ball control, 1 shooting that's all you need and that's what I have (except when I find a better coach I usually just sign him and won't fire the existing one). As the guy above said, I also have one extra coach doing both Fitness areas and one extra in the GK areas just to reduce the workload during pre-season.

Youth coaches are worthless if your coaches have good youth coaching stats. So choose "coach" rather than a youth/senior setup.

I assume you know how coach stars are calculated.

Acidburn where you been mate? Used to have you on msn a while back. I was Crewe_Alex but recently made a new account mate. Im the guy from Australia :p

Crewe going up next season

Excuse me for the off topic chatter

lol, I will pm you my msn once I get on it again not used it for a long time and have no internet other than my phone for next few weeks.

I doubt it is possible to get 4 stars in every category with only 6 coaches. I do not use youth coaches when there are limits like this if you can secure promotion it will obviously go up.

I like to have one coach in each area plus an extra gk and fitness coach to reduce the workload by doing both fitness areas and both gk areas. If I have enough spaces for more coaches I get some with high mental attributes to do all training areas and reduce the workload.

ok thanks. The same season i achieved promoion :D so coach max limit rose to 10 coaches so I have 4 and half stars for each training area now till i get more rep as a club to hire man united's staff :)

6 coaches in addition to the assistant manager = 7 coaches.

2 Fitness, 2 GK, 1 tactics, 1 defending, 1 attacking, 1 ball control, 1 shooting that's all you need and that's what I have (except when I find a better coach I usually just sign him and won't fire the existing one). As the guy above said, I also have one extra coach doing both Fitness areas and one extra in the GK areas just to reduce the workload during pre-season.

Youth coaches are worthless if your coaches have good youth coaching stats. So choose "coach" rather than a youth/senior setup.

I assume you know how coach stars are calculated.

yeah got rid of youth coaches and hired some normal with good youth coaching stats.

1 other thing im not noticing the training have any improvement effects on the players except the individual focus areas.

For eg. I have my forwards training schedule to train all the stats a striker would need but the only stats that seem to be improving are the individual focus areas I have set such as (in my case) dribbling for my center forward. The dribbling stat increases as it should for the said striker but its like its ignoring the general forwards training schedule and some stats are actually declining.

Bascically the players stats are declining not improving. I have training schedules set up for GK, Full Backs Centre backs wingers, center midfielders and strikers.

My forwards training schedule concentrates on 2 areas which I have the slider set as high for which is Aerobic and Shooting. The dribbling slider is almost high and the rest of the sliders set as low and medium. I was hoping forwards on this schedule would improve their pace and finishing mainly however havent seen any improvement in any aerobic/shooting stat and the other stats my forwards have have actually declined.

This happens with all my training schedules for as said above decline generally and improvements for individual focus area.

Since I have a 4 star coach rating for every area it cant be the quality of my coaches.

If anyone can suggest if it is my training schedule that is setup incorrectly or something else im doing wrong that would be great.

Ive played previous versions of FM but find training stats to increase less forgiving although that could be just me making a mistake with what im doing. (Had no trouble in other FM games increasing stats)

I have a young team as well with massive potential (promising players) no old aged pensioners and a wonderkid as well but stats still decline monthly

Cllick on a stat of a player and watch the actual increase or decrease in the bottom right graph. This works best in higher resolutions, and is almost useless in Windowed mode (at least for me with my setup). 14 isn't 14 and 13 isn't 13 - as there are fluctuations. If there is a complete flatline, there may take some time until the next time he changes in that area.

By the sound if it, your training schedules aren't intensive enough. Avoid Heavy workload, but I think the spot you should aim for is the maximum of Medium workload. This may explain why some of the players are decreasing - if you suddenly reduce the training workload in a category (compared to Defenders, Midfielders, Forwards default), their stats will go down if they have gone up with the default setup. Try to avoid less training workload in any category in any schedule compared to default.

Another reason may be your training facilities. I think anything less than Average will make it difficult to have your players develop properly.

thanks for the reply.

Yeah my training workload for schedules are light for each one at the moment ill adjust to medium. (was worried if medium/heavy would make players jaded and injure quickly)

Training facilities for swansea are average atm tried upgrading last season but board disallowed me because spent heavily in transfer window :D

thanks for the reply.

Yeah my training workload for schedules are light for each one at the moment ill adjust to medium. (was worried if medium/heavy would make players jaded and injure quickly)

Training facilities for swansea are average atm tried upgrading last season but board disallowed me because spent heavily in transfer window :D

The higher the workload, the more fit your players and the better their condition towards the end of the match (almost as influential as stamina, this). The lower their condition, the higher chance of being injured in a match. This more than makes up for the higher risk of injury during training, and it does the opposite of making them jaded. Players that are injured "overexerting in the training room" could be taken off that schedule. I also allow those who complain about the training schedule to go back to the default schedule. If anyone complain about that one as well, get rid - he'll be worthless.

Archived