Board Request agreed to....but not really

So I went to the board and requested more coaches. Great! They agreed. So I went out and made some offers to coaches.

Then the first coach that accepted, they canceled because we don't need anymore coaches.

What's up with this?

Personally I find it far worse when the board agrees to upgrade facilities, sucking 2-3m out of my account and then cancells the work because of a 'lack of funds'.

Agreed. It's a ridiculous feature. Since when is the manager accountable for the amount of money allocated to upgrading facilities or the stadium.

i noticed that there is a limit of staff you can have.. currently i have 19 scouts and 22 coaches and when i ask them for more they always accept but never increase it.. its happening for 2 years now.
it's happening the same to me..i've got 22 scouts and 28 coaches..and when i ask for more (and i can't always do it) the board agree..but nothing happen..

seriously? how many coaches can one team realistically need? There are 9 training disciplines so 9 coaches for the first-team, 7 for the youth-team (GK coaches train both) plus an ass-man should be more than enough...

Well, I'm way down in the Blue Square North and only have four coaches. I want more so that I can assign a goalkeeping coach and a fitness coach. The four I have just barely cover the basic training categories.

So, my next question is where do I go to find out how many coaches (or scouts for that matter) that the board will allow me?

In the past, when I tried to sign a coach I thought I saw a message that "the the board will only allow x number of coaches". But I'm not seeing that message now.

EDIT: Never mind. I just found it on the boardroom screen.

Agreed. It's a ridiculous feature. Since when is the manager accountable for the amount of money allocated to upgrading facilities or the stadium.

Agreed, stupid feature. They really struggle with budgeting in some ways. When you make this type of commitment the board should then adjust your financials in other areas to compensate for the planning and building of a new facilities. Basically, when they offer it they should let you know that your transfer and/or wage budgets for the next few years will go down by X amount by taking on this project. Or they should tell you that there will be a loan of X amount to finance it.

Archived