How Would You Improve Football Manager?

This thread is a pretty simple discussion based thread, the purpose of which is to discuss the merits of existing features in the game and ways you believe they could be improved.

Now i do realise this could be quite contentious but i'd like to ask that everyone's opinions be respected and we provide both positive and negative feedback which (I hope) is kept constructive.

I'd like to keep this thread as open and as encompassing as possible so no matter what the improvement u feel should be made please post it.

I'll start with something very small but one which i feel would improve the experience of the game:-

Closing down - a new one to display how much your players close down.

Basically i'd like to see a graphical radius displayed so where you see your players on the pitch in the tactical screen, you can select closing down, and as well as the slide, on the 2D pitch u can also see a closing down radius.

As you increasing the closing down the radius increases and as you decrease the closing down the radius also decreases.

Of course certain factors govern closing down, such as aggression, work rate, determination etc and maybe these could be factored into the radius as well.

**Mods if this topic has been made before please feel free to delete**

The big thing for me would be maybe just make the game a little unrealistic when it comes to some of your youth players stats so a player who may never get into your first team IRL could become the new sensation. The biggest issue with getting the game year after year is that it's always generally the same players for obvious and realism reasons and it can get a bit boring signing the same players over and over again. And there isn't a great deal of top class english talent even IRL these days so if you want a successfull predominately english squad for instance it can be difficult. It would be nice for teams outside the top Clubs to be able to bring youngsters through and the only way to do that is to use a bit of artistic licence when creating stats for generally unknown youngsters.

I just wrote a huge reply and it dissapeared...

To Summarise:-

Rebalance new gen's stats so they don't have glaring hole's in big fundamentals area's of there game.

I think random PA is supposed to help with having different players being better on different games.

Maybe SI Could also revamp the way players enter clubs, for example instead of us going through these trashy players every off season, maybe we could as manager select a focus area we want our academies to focus on so when players come into our Under 18's they atleast have some desirable trait. (I'm thinking how In England we have had a focus at youth team level of big physical players)

Archived