Selling players for 200M pounds within 2 seasons

Hi all,

This bug/extreme cheat can ruin the balance of the game. If you don’t like what the title is suggesting, ignore this post. Please don’t read this if you want to get the maximum joy out of the game by building a team season by season.

With the help of the Internet, I've found that you can sell any of your players for 200 million pounds or more using clauses in 11.3. So far, this worked for every player I wanted to sell.

Here's how I did it:

1. Offer player to clubs, fee set to 0 and ticked "transfer list and set player to not needed"

2. I get lots of offers for the player, all with transfer fee of 0. Minimum needed is 2 offers. If you select 2 or more offers, "view offer" option changes into "negotiate".

3. Transfer fee upfront should still be 0. Percentage of Next Sale can be 50%. I rarely include it, but I sold Pastore with buy back price of 10 million.

4. Here's the most unrealistic part. In additional fees, you can add 200 million for After League Appearances. I've only tested this for one season, but "After League Appearances" of "at least 50 games" and every club accepts.

"at least 40 games" worked during summer transfer window, maybe 40 is enough rather than 50.

"at least 30 games" works when Russian (during January transfer)and Portuguese (during summer transfer) teams are interested.

"at least 20 games" works during the January transfer window towards the teams from big 5 leagues of Europe.

If I'm selling a striker, I add minimum league goals. I set 200M after at least 50 goals for Dzeko (summer window, to Arsenal), 200M after at least 20 goals for Hulk (winter window, to Hoffenheim).

If I'm selling someone with less than 20 international caps but have the potential to get 20 more international appearances, I set "after international appearances" to "at least 20 games" for 200M. e.g. I included this in Pastore's deal to Valencia

"Per League Appearance" could be set to 50 games 250k each but what's the point of 12.5million when you can get 200M after they make 20 appearances?

Now, I'm sure this doesn't work every time. Some of the players I sold might be sold again in the next transfer window, so I'll never get 200M. However, within two seasons, you can become richer than Man City and… murder… other clubs.

The reason I used this method is because I wanted my club to be in the best condition when I leave to manage another club. But now, I see that I made a mistake. There is really nowhere to spend 1billion, all the money going into reserve investment fund (basically taken away) while the clubs who bought my players would be left very desperate.

I just wanted to share this with people who don’t have much time to play this game but want their club to do well.

I'm not sure how to post a screenshot. But I've uploaded the images here

It turns out that even if players don't make 40 appearances or score 50 goals, after a while you can select to cancel the clause and receive more than 100 million.

at the end of the day it is your game and you play it how you like but i think doing this is cheating and you might aswell use FMRTE to edit your finances and reduce everybody else's coz thats what is going to happen

Ha, finally there's someone posted this cheat here. I knew it already and knew it very well. Something I want to correct is that you were saying "Some of the players I sold might be sold again in the next transfer window, so I'll never get 200M", it wouldn't happen coz that player's value is still 200M so it's impossible for AI to buy that player. About the number of league appearance, did you test 20 works for winter transfer window and 40 for summer transfer? I use 50 every time in order to guarantee AI won't reject the negotiation so I never try less than 50. Here's one thing to remind: the player you are gonna sell must have the ability to be the starter after he transfered. Let say 50 league appearances, ideally, it will take about 2 seasons to receive the money(ignore the injury issue), but if that player is a rotation or even a backup it will take too long to activate this cheat, especially for GK(never sell a GK who's gonna be a backup for other teams). So you need to have a good judgment before clicking the accept button. Recently, my friend found out a solution: at the beginning, I thought the "after league appearance" is the basic thing, while "after international appearance" and "minimum league goals" are the additional. However, what we can do is just choose the "after international appearance" for those backup players. For example, Man City, if you wanna get rid of Given and Zabaleta, choose 20 international appearances would be good enough for them.

waste of time, just use fmrte if you want to cheat..

btw, there is a lot of similar bugs, like unlimited transfer funds, indestructible finances and so on..

example:

2chl7bl.jpg

one year later, they are not even in the red; loan debt only 400M..

so nothing new.

The way I see it there are three different ways of enjoying football manager. As this is (first and foremost) a single player game, neither is more right or more wrong than the other.

1. You view FM as a manager simulator, and thus only do the things that would be considered realistic actions as a manager. This can range from the more extreme LLM-approach, to more moderate variants such as not downloading tactics, or restricting yourself to "realistic" tactics (no "diablo" etc in earlier versions). Obviously these kind of players would never use a bug like this as it would never work in real life.

2. You play FM for your own enjoyment, at the cost of some realism. As you are basically playing against the computer there is no harm in playing the way you get the most enjoyment out of it, right? This range from the extreme giving-yourself-a-starting-eleven-with-200-CA to the more casual checking out a young players PA or hidden attributes in a scouting program or reloading after being on the receiving end of an embarrassing defeat. These players wouldn't consider this exploit either, as there are much easier ways of giving yourself 200m

3. You play FM as a computer game. The goal is to win, and whatever means SIgames left in there to reach the goal is allowed. Touching an editor is cheating, while using a loophope the developer left in there is clever use of game mechanics. The more extreme would definitely use this little exploit for what it is worth, while the less extreme might check the good players forum every once in a while and grab a tactic from the tactics and training tips forum.

Where am I going here? Unless we're comparing achievements, there is no reason to draw a line between "cheaters" and "the rest of us". Those who have the heart to use the information in this thread will, and many of them will enjoy FM more because of it. Those who doesn't will not, and maybe sleep a little better at night. You don't harm anyone by cheating, and you don't score extra credits by playing after self-imposed restrictions.

Sorry about the semi-offtopic rant.

michaelthestrange, I wholeheartedly agree with you.

niletaylor, I know I'm not playing this game fairly and I've gone too far. I'll never do it again.

skyer666, 200million comes from loans.

MarcWeir, I've never done it with a lower league club, I assume it works, but it would ruin the purpose of LLM save.

Sea the Stars, I think I first got this 200M idea from you. Then I researched more and experimented. Good point, player value can't drop to the original value in less than 2 seasons after being transferred for 200M+. You are correct, league appearance 20 for winter and 40 for summer, maybe 30 for summer if Portuguese teams are interested.

AcidBurn, I'm not sure what your problem is. Did you go to transfer center and select multiple offers for one player?

I Like Pie, I agree, fmrte is the fastest way to get the finances up. Therefore this method is for people who don't use 3rd party tools, like me. :)

vlobben, thanks for explaining it so clearly. Yes, this extreme cheat is for those who enjoy FM as a computer game.

I tried this with Crewe to see if it worked but I could not negotiate the deals as they were final offers. Is this only something that works with top clubs?

Go to the "transfers" screen, and select at least two offers with using control or shift, and the "view offer button" changes to "negotiate".

Go to the "transfers" screen, and select at least two offers with using control or shift, and the "view offer button" changes to "negotiate".

Thanks I have never done that before so did not know how to select the offers. This is one huge exploit personally I would not use it in a serious game but it is up to people themselves to decide if they want to cheat or not.

Using fmrte instead would not be as risk free, I have heard editing your game with that can make the game crash.

This sort of thing has been in the game for a long time. I remember finding that the clauses could be abused in FM05, managing to put a host of clubs into administration.

As long as the AI managers don't start doing it then it doesn't bother me. I guess it could be a pain for network games though.

I've used something similar to this in the past, but never like this. I sometimes try to sell players with an international appearance clause, but that never seemed to work for me any more in 11.3 the few times I tried to do it with players who realistically could become internationals.

Just tried this trick with Daniel Agger

And Sunderland, Fiorentina, Atletico Madrid, Man City & Arsenal have all come back with 200m bids. Had to set it to 50 league appearances though. 30 didn't work earlier with Agger. But Agger is only 25, surely he will play 50 league matches with his next club, probably only take 2 seasons.

Cheeky Valencia came back and asked to buy him for 0 and just withdrew the 'After League Appearances' part of the deal. Of course I said no way

I've just sold 7 reserves for £2.8B at £400m each. Excellent. Now whenever FM is cheesing me off I can just play my cheat game. :D

be carefull you don't go in the red as a result of that. however if you do go in the red, just sell another player like that and then you are back in the black.

is there any way to buy players by clauses? For example in earlier patches we could buy players by offering 60M after league apearance. But in 11.3 clubs reject our offer. Is there any way to change this? Sorry for my english.

i cant understand why people moan about things like this...yes its a bug, but its only a bug and game breaking if your childish enough to do it!

i play a lot of Madden, and on their forum last night there was this guy moaning about a similar thing on that game which he said were 'gamebreaking'

scratch my head...

Hmm weirdly I saved my game after Carlisle somehow coughed up £400m for a crappy keeper only to start up FM later on and find out the fee had been reduced to £242m!!! Then I checked on the other clauses and they have also been reduced to £242m!!!

Got a mind to complain in the bugs section! ;)

well Atletico Madrid was the club Daniel agger went to for 200m, went to see his contract with them only to see Minimum Release fee is 400m ! Amazing ! no 1 in their right mind is going to pay 400m for Agger, let alone 200m like Atletico Madrid are going to with me

I just tried this for a bit of fun, sold cesc for 200mil to chelsea, and the fans didn't complain :D it's not something i'd do in a serious game though as it feels like i'd be taking advantage of a loophole within the game.

Hi all,

It turns out that even if players don't make 40 appearances or score 50 goals, after a while you can select to cancel the clause and receive more than 100 million.

Can you cancel the clause as soon as the player has left your club to recieve money straight away?

Gave this a whirl as rangers, punted lafferty to sunderland for 200m after 40 appearances, they play him 24 times in first season then dont register him for the league in second, gutted lol.

Gave this a whirl as rangers, punted lafferty to sunderland for 200m after 40 appearances, they play him 24 times in first season then dont register him for the league in second, gutted lol.

try to cancel the clause for a buy out. Some people are saying there is a chance that also works.

Archived