Ridiculous choice of thrown in takers.

Bit of a rant but I'm so tired of this.

Why, on this version of FM, am I being forced to micro manage something so trivial as throw ins. Not on any other version have I had to do this, so why now? If I don't do it my center back will run up to take a thrown next to the AI's area leaving huge gaps in defence and he is by no means the best long throw in taker in my team so why the hell is is he doing it? Surely the AI hasn't gone that far backwards that it fails to choose your best thrown in taker and selects the very worst possible player imaginable to take the throw in. I mean seriously, why not just send my bloody goalkeeper up to take it?

Is it just me this happens to as I've never really heard anybody else moan about it?

What about corners and penalties? If I don't micro-manage these it's always my centre-backs taking corners and seemingly my worst penalty taker taking the spot kicks. You think it would make sense for the computer to just automatically select your corner/penalty based on the relevant attributes instead of letting Titus Bramble take corners.

What about corners and penalties? If I don't micro-manage these it's always my centre-backs taking corners and seemingly my worst penalty taker taking the spot kicks. You think it would make sense for the computer to just automatically select your corner/penalty based on the relevant attributes instead of letting Titus Bramble take corners.

I'm pretty sure that passed versions used to select the best player possible, or at least I have never had the problem of center backs taking attacking throw ins until FM10.

I'm pretty sure that passed versions used to select the best player possible, or at least I have never had the problem of center backs taking attacking throw ins until FM10.

Not in my experience. I've had dreadful set piece takers picked when I hadn't pre-selected them.

I once had wes brown score a penalty lol

stop being so lazy, managers in real life select their throw in takers so why shouldn't we in the game ? you only have to do it once at the start of the season and then leave it, unless of course a throw in taker gets injured. it's not much to ask for is it ? doesn't take long to set it up.

stop being so lazy, managers in real life select their throw in takers so why shouldn't we in the game ? you only have to do it once at the start of the season and then leave it, unless of course a throw in taker gets injured. it's not much to ask for is it ? doesn't take long to set it up.

Why must you always be so abusive? What about newer players who 1)Arent familiar with all the multitudes of game features; or, 2)People trying to get into the game who arent that familiar with the sport?

why limit it to newer players?

I never choose set-piece takers, not because I'm lazy, but because I micro-manage my tactics to the point that there are only a limited number of "available" players to take them... my captain then selects the taker from those who are still available.

But agree 100% with the throw-ins... I've had left-backs taking throw-ins by the opponents left-hand corner flag (my right..) and vice-versa, as well as centre-backs taking throw-ins and so on... For FM12 SI really, really, really need to work on the throw-ins..

Why must you always be so abusive? What about newer players who 1)Arent familiar with all the multitudes of game features; or, 2)People trying to get into the game who arent that familiar with the sport?

3) I may have a player who plays left or right back, but I've only set him up to take thrown ins from the left and then I play him at right back and forget to micro manage such a trivial thing. This means I'm not having to change it once at the start of the season, this means you have to micro manage a lot which is pretty annoying, especially if you forget.

It annoys me that throw-ins by the corner flags are corners even though I don't have any bullet-throw types. I have also set up corner set pieces to far post, so there aren't really that much happening at first post. The result is that some random guy throws the ball to the opponent every time, and every time anger's flaring! I want control of ALL set pieces in my tactical set-up in FM12.

It annoys me that throw-ins by the corner flags are corners even though I don't have any bullet-throw types. I have also set up corner set pieces to far post, so there aren't really that much happening at first post. The result is that some random guy throws the ball to the opponent every time, and every time anger's flaring! I want control of ALL set pieces in my tactical set-up in FM12.

and the problem with the bullet throw-ins are that the players all disappear into the six-yard box even though very few players can throw it that far (it usually bounces in line with the side of the six-yard box)

Archived