Strange thing with the rep...any ideas?

Okay...I'll try and be quick with this.

Started an unemployed career save a few weeks ago with the following countries selected:

England (up to league 2)

Scotland (up to division 3)

France (top 2 leagues - all the following had top 2 leagues running - saves me typing it out everytime)

Germany

Belgium

Holland

Italy

Spain

Portugal

Norway

Sweden

Denmark

Russia

Brazil

Argentina

I managed to start with Sunday League Rep.

Now I was at some poxy Russian 2nd division club and it just hasn't been working - and seeing as I'm on a new laptop and it was running fine I've decided to start again with even more leagues running - so I've kept the above leagues (but Scotland only has top 2 divisions like the rest, apart from England) but added all the leagues in Europe apart from Belarus, Iceland, Finland, Israel, Wales, N. Ireland (maybe one or two others that I can't remember now - but I know there's 29 leagues running). This time I put the Brazil and Argentinian league on view only rather than playable.

Now I can't select sunday league rep - semi-pro is the lowest I can go (as well as automatic). Just wondered why this is different from before? Is it because of:

1. I've changed from having all 4 divisions in Scotland to just top 2?

2. Brazil and Argentina are view only so not playable?

Everything else is the same but with even more leagues running - surely I should have been able to select sunday league rep!

Haven't started the save yet as surely for a journeyman save it feels kind of cheating to not be sunday league rep - any ideas? Should I just crack on with it.

I believe starting rep is determined by the lowest league you have selected as playable. The removal of the 2 Scottish leagues is probably the key here.

This.

Removing the low Scottish leagues means selecting "Sunday League Rep" would make it difficult to be offered a job.

Cheers for the feedback - seems strange that this would change - especially since I've added more European leagues such as the likes of slovenia and slovakia (their 2nd divisions as well) - thought they would have had the same rep as the lower scottish divisions really.

Looks like I'll have to start with automatic - kind of takes the shine off a journeyman save - always started previous journeyman saves on sunday rep on other fms. I want as many leagues running but don't think I'll be starting...or going to...Scottish lower divisions so will just have to go with it.

I really hope they improve this setting for 2012, and give us better control over it.

Especially for these career games, it's very annoying having to fudge our reputation into place via all these indirect settings and factors. It'd be much nicer if it was more direct and controlled.

I passed-up FM 2011 because of this, and I'd hate to have to skip another one. Let me finally play a career with my real nationality, and you'll get your $40! ;)

I really hope they improve this setting for 2012, and give us better control over it.

For this particular 'fudge', they'd get far more complaints if you were able to start with a rep so low that you would never be employed.

Archived