A rather boring question for SI

Well just the title says it is a boring question, i was wondering for calculating the profit and loss of the clubs finance's are player's regarded as a fixed (non-current) asset or a current asset ? ( i ' am taking As level accounting at the moment and the teacher who is a footie fan wasnt sure so i was wondering what SI did.

Just sayin any haters of the boring can click the top right white x in a red box , no but seriously im just wondering and any response would be welcome

Cheers

:)

Well just the title says it is a boring question, i was wondering for calculating the profit and loss of the clubs finance's are player's regarded as a fixed (non-current) asset or a current asset ? ( i ' am taking As level accounting at the moment and the teacher who is a footie fan wasnt sure so i was wondering what SI did.

Just sayin any haters of the boring can click the top right white x in a red box , no but seriously im just wondering and any response would be welcome

Cheers

:)

FM doesn't consider assets, they use a basic P&L structure.

In terms of real life football clubs players are classed as assets I believe.

Here is a link to Arsenal's annual report for 2009/10 - Arsenal Holding Plc

Looking through it the costs of acquiring a player which would be transfer fee, agents fees, one off payments are classed as Intangible Fixed Assets and the cost amortised over the length of the contract agreed.

you didn't really answer his question Cougar...he asked if players are either Fixed Assets or Current Assets...

In my opinion, they would be classed as a current asset due to the fact that the player can have a lifespan at the club from anything to 1 day to the rest of his career. Therefore, there is no guarantee that the player will be there for very long...

But im not entirely sure...i wouldnt like to draw up a balance sheet for a football club thats for sure!

Arsenal are making £50m profit every year yes? Are they doing that in the game?

I think it is strange that the first season, most clubs are in the black with a good margin, but by the end of the first season they are in the red before they get the season ticket income, and league and TV payouts -but never enough to get back up again to where they were.

Are there any clubs in the game which makes a profit from month to month?

Arsenal are making £50m profit every year yes? Are they doing that in the game?

I think it is strange that the first season, most clubs are in the black with a good margin, but by the end of the first season they are in the red before they get the season ticket income, and league and TV payouts -but never enough to get back up again to where they were.

Are there any clubs in the game which makes a profit from month to month?

Are you referring to the link I posted?

If so that includes their property ventures which account for a portion of the profit.

In football terms Arsenal made a profit of £20m before transfers.

Archived