Dips in form?

I've been playing my Truro save and we've won the premier league four times in a row, looked excellent, although we've struggled to win any european competitions. Still, this season, I'm just not having that lethal edge, my two strikers are very fast, and it used to be I could be out-played most of the game but those two would always come through and produce some magic and get goals. Yet as time goes on, my players stats get better and better, but the volume of goals they score seem to go down if anything. In previous seasons I'd have a good 20 goals more than any other team, and one season I had the #1 and #2 strikers in europe. Yet now, it's just slipping, they're becoming less and less able to break away with the ball and do something special.

I imagine a lot of this must be that teams are taking me more seriously now, the team has won 4 prem in a row, and reached a couple of CL finals (but never won it) and they must be marking my players more intently which is limiting what they can do with the ball - especially as both are fairly poor in the air.

Yet what can I do about it really? and more to that matter, what do you think I could do to get succes in europe? I should have a good enough team, it's easily one of the best in the world, but always seems to be one match that we just don't have that lethal edge. I've lost to Fiorentine last year, even though they're not really that special.

I've been playing my Truro save and we've won the premier league four times in a row, looked excellent, although we've struggled to win any european competitions. Still, this season, I'm just not having that lethal edge, my two strikers are very fast, and it used to be I could be out-played most of the game but those two would always come through and produce some magic and get goals. Yet as time goes on, my players stats get better and better, but the volume of goals they score seem to go down if anything. In previous seasons I'd have a good 20 goals more than any other team, and one season I had the #1 and #2 strikers in europe. Yet now, it's just slipping, they're becoming less and less able to break away with the ball and do something special.

I imagine a lot of this must be that teams are taking me more seriously now, the team has won 4 prem in a row, and reached a couple of CL finals (but never won it) and they must be marking my players more intently which is limiting what they can do with the ball - especially as both are fairly poor in the air.

Yet what can I do about it really? and more to that matter, what do you think I could do to get succes in europe? I should have a good enough team, it's easily one of the best in the world, but always seems to be one match that we just don't have that lethal edge. I've lost to Fiorentine last year, even though they're not really that special.

You need to play less offensive - play the ball more and wait for the chance to come. Mentally and technically strong players become more important as your team gets a higher ranking. Speed is "only" good if you got space to run in.

I bet Chelsea and Real Madrid also have been wondering why they struggle to get European success for quite a few years now :-)

Well this season we're struggling, 2nd with Man Utd quite a fair amount clear, and possibly about to lose the game I've got running now.. just lacking that edge we had wheras other teams seem to have it. It's like form's been dipping a while and now it's no longer enough to win the title when it should be easier now if anything given the better playing staff.

Archived